Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: I\'m going broke. Who\'s coming with me?

[ QUOTE ]
three hands check that flop then raise all in on the river.

KK, AA, AK.

that's it...he's got one of the three and the river call is spewing chips...hard to fold I know, but you are CRUSHED.

[/ QUOTE ]

how about [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]s?
Old 11-18-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
three hands check that flop then raise all in on the river.

KK, AA, AK.

that's it...he's got one of the three and the river call is spewing chips...hard to fold I know, but you are CRUSHED.

[/ QUOTE ]

how about [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]s?

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine spades are usually raising that turn (they should be, anyway). What two spades did he 4x it with pf? JQs? TJs?

btw, would a better move for HERO be check-calling the river, then?
Old 11-18-2005, 04:44 PM

He cannot have spades here unless the preflop raise stats on him are way off. And even if he'd raise a limper with QJs or worse, wouldn't he bet that flop? I dunno, I guess a lot of those players would rather lose the pot by checking it down than to miss their chance to hit a royal... but overall it just seems plain weird to raise a limper with a marginal suited hand and not semi-bluff when you get a perfect board to steal with.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:44 PM

and even if he called the turn with his flush, it's still pretty reckless for a flush to raise that river, 'stead of callin.

am i giving villain too much credit again?
Old 11-18-2005, 05:01 PM

see soah's comments as well but he *might* raise with QJs and J10s but it's marginal given his stats...he's probably more likely to limp with it after limpers but that's a guess....he isn't real aggro preflop. Also there are only 2 specific hands here to worry about...there are more iterations of the AA,AK,KK hands....I don't think he'd go that crazy with anything other than the nut flush on the river....and I really don't think he has that given the turn action etc.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:11 PM

Him not making a CB on that flop would also set off some alarm bells... unless he is really weak and checking QQ or JJ...

it looks like from his CO's stack and the stack of the BB (also somewhat short) that it was just barely worth the implied odds if you flop a set here... why not raise with 55 UTG, esp if you have solid table image? The strength of the re-raise would tell you alot... my guess is, if you raise here, CO makes a solid re-raise to 10-12 and you can comfortable fold knowing you're getting horrible odds...

Not that I fault your call on the river, but it looks like this was the type of hand you realize you're beat when you're basically pot committed...