Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 08:22 AM

Default TP faced turnraise

Villain is 56/20/1.4
As you can see he's LAG preflop but tones down a bit postflop.
Only thing I have on him is that a few hands ago he called flop with Mid Pair on a J8x board and raised turn when he got a flushdraw HU.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $16.05 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11.10 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7.05 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.05 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.05 BB

I know it's a boring, standard hand. But I feel like I calldown too much lately.
When he raises the turn, I'm pretty sure he has atleast TP or better.
I guess there isn't any other way to play this hand, but I just wanted to ask, are there times when you fold this on the river?
Old 11-17-2005, 08:55 AM

Default Re: TP faced turnraise

I thought the question was to 3-bet turn or just call the turn. I don't think folding is an option here. You played this hand fine.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:17 AM

Standard.

His stats are pretty damn aggressive, I def. think you will be shown top pair with a weaker kicker often enough.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 56/20/1.4

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy does not slow down postflop. He is pretty agro both pre and post flop. A 1.4 agression factor is high for someone who plays 56% of there hands. I would three bet the turn as he could have as little as a flush draw, or an ace with no kicker. You should not be trying to make big laydowns against a player as aggressive as this.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:05 PM

I think you have to bet that river, in case the turn raise was a semibluff or top pair with a weaker kicker. You have to keep him from checking through a missed club draw and extract value from weaker kickers. AT or AK are unlikely enough that even calling a river raise is OK, I think.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to keep him from checking through a missed club draw and extract value from weaker kickers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make sense. He's usually not free showdowning on this board with an all-in player protecting the pot, and he's not calling a bet with missed clubs.

Rob
Old 11-17-2005, 05:35 PM

Yes, you're right. I'm on crack. But do we still have value from weaker kickers?