Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 04:02 PM

Default My stats: I play worse when I\'m tired

My typical day starts at 7am goes goes like this: the kids, some poker, work in the afternoon (poker too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), then home around 10pm and play online until 1am or 1:30am. That routine is 5 days/week and sometimes 6.

So last night I was browsing through various stats in PT and was looking under the "sessions" tab and "more detail" where it blocks out your bb/100 by 2 hour blocks and each day of the week. I noticed that, during the Midnight-2am block I am in the red for 6 out of 7 days of the week after about 80,000 hands.

The rest of everything else seems perfect fine, no trends, just mostly green green green. I know how tired I am late at night but I play anyway because mostly I've underestimated the effect that it has on my game. Until now. In clear black in white I am a losing player when I'm tired.

Has anyone else seen stats like this? It surprised me that it stood out so much.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: My stats: I play worse when I\'m tired

there are several factors that could explain your win rate during these time frames. some make sense, and some don't make sense. you picked the one that made no sense.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:57 PM

I think it makes perfect sense. People play worse when tired. That doesn't make sense?
Old 09-16-2005, 05:17 PM

That makes perfect sense to me. Of course your play might not really be that much worse at night and most of it could be due to variance. I tend to avoid playing after 12 for the same reason.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:50 PM

Also might be worth thinking about your opponents during this time period. If you're not in US, what time is it there etc?

Are the tables any different at this time?
Old 09-16-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also might be worth thinking about your opponents during this time period. If you're not in US, what time is it there etc?

Are the tables any different at this time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never really noticed anything too different about the tables but maybe there is. I'm gonna start paying attention though (when I'm not tired lol).

I'm in the US on the east coast.

btw, the games are supposed to be SOFTER at night so I thought.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:20 PM

I swore off playing after work or after doing something really tiring becuase I would lose and become pissed off. I noticed a huge correlation. I used to work from 5-12 at night, and I def. noticed my game to be much weaker. I find I play my best an hour after I get up and shake off sleep. Im fully alert and ready to win.