Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Ban Vince Lepore from this forum?

I won't say whether I like Vince or not. That is my opinion, and I'll keep it to myself. But let's not forget the freedom of speech issue. (not including the habitual name calling here) He has a right to his opinions and a right to state them (as long as they are not personall attacks or slander) You all have a right to read tthem or not, as you please.

I recently spent a few days researching an article I'm doing on American Idol. Several of my posts on their website were deleted because I asked pointed questions about the show and the network. I don't care if they own the site or not. What they did was censorship, plain and simple. And this from a TV network that lives by the 1st amendment. Pure BS.

Banning Vince is not the answer (provided he uses restraint in personal attacks). The answer is to keep an open forum, Open to all opinions, even if they differ from ours.

Thanks Matt for doing it the right way, at least for now.

Keep playing hard! Glen
Old 05-07-2005, 01:38 PM

Freedom of speech doesn't pertain to message boards run by a private company. They can censor whatever they want whenever they want.

I'm not sure if Mat doesn't read the forums or what, but the baiting is being done by Vince/Smoothcall. They certainly aren't namecalling or using profanity, but is the little kid sticking his finger in his sister's face "touching" her?

Vince/Smoothcall are doing the equivalent of the "I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU!" routine on the whole forum, except the parents are completely oblivious to the situation.

Knowing they are roomates is especially helpful too. Why did the charade have to last so long? Smoothcall signed off as Vince and thats what started the majority of this crap, and their explanation was that Smoothcall happened to be over at vince's house and posted on his logged in name. It sounds like in reality they are roommates and Paul Phillips proved exactly that, as well as the fact that they share the same computer. It is a CSI-like moment really, where the "proof" has definitely given great probability to one solution, but in act 3 we see how 1 tiny detail brings the real truth alltogether.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But let's not forget the freedom of speech issue. (not including the habitual name calling here) He has a right to his opinions and a right to state them (as long as they are not personall attacks or slander)

[/ QUOTE ]

BWHAHAHAHAHA. good one.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Freedom of speech doesn't pertain to message boards run by a private company. They can censor whatever they want whenever they want.

But they shouldn't! That was my point. I come here to view diverse opinions and state my own. I don't want to take part in a forum that has been "cleansed" just because some mod didn't like what was said.

However offensive Vince and Smoothcall can sometimes be, many of the things they say have some merit, if for no other reason than to stimulate other opinions. He has offended me at times, but I simply turn the other cheek. It doesn't bother me. If it ever does, I'll simply stop cliking on those posts.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in act 3 we see how 1 tiny detail brings the real truth alltogether.

[/ QUOTE ]

The truth is the truth is the truth and has always been the truth. But you and Phillips want to see things in your own clouded way. The truth is and has always been that I am Vince and i am not smoothcall. Talk about bating people. You and your brethen effectively called me and smoothcall liars for the pat few months.

Now the TRUTH that I have told you for months is verifieds and instread of being a decent fair human being and apologize you try and put divert your guilt by blaming me and Smoothcall. For what? Telling the TRUTH! Your post here is indicative of the TRUTH of what has been going on on this Forum. You and your hero Phillips are the cause of these silly threads (like this one).

A decent person would apologize when they are PROVEN wrong. You on the other hand are not satisfied with the truth. It hurts too much. I take it that Phillips put you up to this.

Vince
Old 05-07-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ][list] Should Vince be banned?[list] ...He really has nothing to add to this forum. Just a troll that has been on this site for waaaaaaaaaaaay to long. GET THE F OUT OF HERE VINCE, NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea who Vince or who you are, but I'll mention as a eager first time visitor to this forum - I hope I won't find this kind of blatent hate mongering is the status quo around here.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope I won't find this kind of blatent hate mongering is the status quo around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm Vince. You will find this type of post from this guy all the time. Get's his heart beating.

Vince
Old 05-08-2005, 12:04 AM

Vince, in a court of law, yes, you would be considered telling the truth, that you aren't smoothcall.

You read the post by Paul, and saw exactly how "incriminating" the evidence he dug up was, and you played it for all that you could. I'm sure you guys get a great laugh sitting over each other's shoulder pointing out threads.

The TRUTH as you say, is that you never even came close to telling the community that you were roommates sharing a PC and thats why your posts lined up how they did. You let it ride, egging folks on, knowing you were getting a good rise out of a good many. I never got pissed at your antics, I just laughed at how silly you were, regardless of how many people you are.

To a lot of new to the net and forums poker players/watchers, your techniques are probably pretty new and unexpected, but to most people that have visited forums in the past, your play is weak sauce.

I apologize for assuming you were playing a double persona troll Vince. I should have put the peices together and figured out that what Paul originally uncovered is a couple of guys that are pretty close friends living together and probably sharing the same PC at one time or another. I would also wager you guys have lived together for quite sometime, because you both have characteristics of each other in how you present yourselves and general lingo.

I don't apologize for thinking you are an extremely eccentric attention beggar that craves it more than even the most esteemless drama queen ever has.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:43 AM

I have decided to not comment on the nonsense about whether i am vince anymore. This will be my last word on it if i can help it. We said from day one it wasn't true. We didn't play anything up. All you guys did and Paul. I have not been the one creating this madness. I have just been defending myslef from lies and insults. But have come to the conclusion that it is a no win situaiton to defend myself. And all i am doing by defending myself is hurting the real people that want to discuss poker by clogging up the board with replies. So i apologize to the people that want to discuss poker, and will refrain from defending myself by answering chilish insults.

And i have my own computer. I just happend to use his at that time for a couple days. Not that that is important.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A decent person would apologize when they are PROVEN wrong. You on the other hand are not satisfied with the truth. It hurts too much. I take it that Phillips put you up to this

[/ QUOTE ]

vince, truely, i am [feeling] SORRY [for you].

and, truth be known, i did consider the possibility you and smooth were a couple living together, thus the reasons for your posts being at similar times.

Phill
Closed Thread