Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: From SS...I want micro views.

I am really not sure we we are not leading this flop? Is hero trying to checkraise a single bet and bloat the pot? If he's looking to check and reevaluate a call based on the action, I don't think I would be sticking around.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:13 AM

Do I need to bump the thread about betting into the preflop raiser again? I don't bet this flop.

I'm currently leaning towards donking the turn because I don't want to see villain check behind if he was in auto-bet/raise mode on the flop. Also, unless he's a LAG, he has an awfully tough time raising here without AK or better. If he raises the turn, call and check the river. I would probably fold to a bet, but I might have trapped myself into calling by making the pot too big.

Given how hero played it, he'd better be folding the river if it's raised.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do I need to bump the thread about betting into the preflop raiser again? I don't bet this flop.

I'm currently leaning towards donking the turn because I don't want to see villain check behind if he was in auto-bet/raise mode on the flop. Also, unless he's a LAG, he has an awfully tough time raising here without AK or better. If he raises the turn, call and check the river. I would probably fold to a bet, but I might have trapped myself into calling by making the pot too big.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm only in here sporadically so I must have missed this thread ... i'd love to read it again though since betting this flop is something I currently do 10 times out of 10.

EDIT:

correction - I do 10 times out of 10 in this case where I think I might be able to get some protection from the PF raiser in a large field.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm only in here sporadically so I must have missed this thread ... i'd love to read it again though since betting this flop is something I currently do 10 times out of 10.

EDIT:

correction - I do 10 times out of 10 in this case where I think I might be able to get some protection from the PF raiser in a large field.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link

Point to ponder: When he raises to protect your hand, is your hand worth protecting (ie, is it better than his)?
Old 12-05-2005, 03:29 AM

A majority in the SS thread advocated a flop bet....which I thought was wrong.

The only reason to bet into the PFR is if he will raise a worse hand. In this case; overcards.

But if he's raising overcards, the only hands you're hoping to fold are the ones with cards that he holds in his hand anyway.

We can't protect on the flop. So, if we are continuing, we must suspect that there is still a reasonable chance we are ahead. In which case, I'm going for value.

I like a check/3bet on the flop. Bet/fold turn if called. Check/fold turn UI if capped.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:55 AM

I 3-bet this flop. If villian calls the 3-bet, I lead the turn, if villian caps, I call and ceck/fold the turn UI. Any K, J or spade hits the turn though, it's on. Of course, I don't play 2/4 so this is probably wrong.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:54 AM

a check/3-bet would be interesting if you could bluff like you have a set and fold a bigger hand. i've never used that line on this hand, but something to think about i guess.

i also don't like a flop lead, but at the same time, the reason you don't is like you said: would he raise with UI overcards. he continues to bet the turn, so i don't think he has UI OCs but we have odds to call. based on this info, i don't understand the river bet. no premium pair is folding to that river card or AJ. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

what are you trying to accomplish/represent with this river bet? he has TT or that he'll fold UI OCs but other fish will call with a worse J or other pair?
Old 12-05-2005, 09:20 AM

I was a bit unclear about what to do after checking the flop. All I knew is I wasn't betting it. (which is what 95% of SS was advocating).

I think check/3bet. Bet fold. gets the most when ahead and lets us get away relatively cheaply when behind.

Just to be clear...I didn't play this hand.
I would just check/call the river.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:16 AM

Preflop: Agree w/ the call.

Flop: Assuming you are facing a higher pocket pair, then you have 5 outs to improve to 2 pair or trips, and since you are getting 9.5:1 odds here, makes sense to call. (Of course, you could be facing AJ as well, but [censored] happens.)

Turn: I agree w/ the check/call. 13:1 pot odds still gives you a nice shot to improve and you do still have that overcard in case you are up against AJ.

River: I'm not sure I understand the bet here. If you think you are ahead on the turn, why not check/raise at that point? And squeeze an extra bet out of him there? If you feel you are ahead on the turn, then just calling & waiting until the river is too passive. Given the aggression he has shown so far, I think I just check/call the river.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a check/3bet on the flop. Bet/fold turn if called. Check/fold turn UI if capped.

[/ QUOTE ]

If capped, I think you're getting odds to chase a 3-outer on the river, plus your trips out may still be good against an overpair (if he doesn't have AJ).