Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Vegas buffets

I don't think we've discussed this around here in quite a while. I am heading for Vegas on Saturday morning (5th trip). I have been to the Luxor buffet (decent, but not too big) and the Imperial Palace buffet (big mistake, but I knew that going in), as well as the fabulous Aladdin buffet (fantastic).

Just wondering how people feel about the various buffets on the strip (not interested in downtown). It seems to me that Bellagio is not worth the extra cost over the Aladdin, and that Paris, while very good, has a somewhat limited cuisine selection.

Also, I am curious about the differences between lunch and dinner. Do most buffets have the same thing for both meals, save one or two entree dishes?

Finally, I read Photoc's review (unsurprisingly positive =) of the Aladdin poker room somewhere (allvegaspoker?), and he mentioned that you can get a buffet comp after 4-6 hours of play. Does anyone (Photoc obviously included) know what the success rate of getting this is, whether you need to have a comp card, if tournament play is included in this time, and whether you can get a comp for dinner as well as lunch?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Vegas buffets

Definitely try the brand spankin new Mirage Buffet. Both the breakfast and lunch are great!

Mandalay Bay is always nice but more expensive.

Gumbo
Old 03-24-2005, 04:22 PM

I think Mandalay Bay has the best Sunday Brunch if you don't opt for the millionairs brunch at Ballys. I still think the Bellagio is hands down the best buffet in Vegas.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:04 PM

Aladdin gets my vote for the best low-cost buffet in town. Bellagio gets my vote for the best buffet if price isn't a factor.

I haven't tried the new Mirage buffet. The last one was so bad that I haven't yet mustered the courage.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:07 PM

I dunno about Alladin, but IMO Bellagio beats everything else I tried on the Strip, including Mirage (the new one), M-Bay and Paris (although this one is really close). In fact Bellagio pretty much ruined all other buffets for me.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it I had Alladins champagne brunch once, and Bellagio beats that too.

Another edit: To difference between lunch and dinner is typcially about $10 and maybe one or two quality entrees. My recommendation would be to get to the buffet about 15 mins before they change from lunch to dinner (around 4:30 p or so), then you'll get the dinner selection for lunch price.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:37 PM

I went to the Mirage dinner buffet last week - Overall, I thought it was great.

side note - I had a $15 discount from the poker comp
Old 03-24-2005, 05:46 PM

How much is the new Mirage buffet for lunch/dinner/brunch?
Old 03-24-2005, 06:22 PM

I think lunch/dinner is $23..

I'm sure a las vegas local will know..
Old 03-24-2005, 06:53 PM

I've been to Mirage's buffet as well and have to agree that it was very good. This was last April and I think that it was about $20 or so. Food is good.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:33 PM

i will probably be at the mirage this weekend, how do i get that comp? how much play what limits?

thanks...