Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 12:33 PM

Default insta-push?

If your in the small blind and the big blind is short stacked. How short does he have to be where it becomes correct to push nearly any two. How much does the big blind have to have when pushing hands like T5,Q4 etc... becomes incorrect?
Old 11-07-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: insta-push?

completely situational. reads on BB. your table image. have you been stealing a lot. do you want a call to get all of his chips? or are you stealing and want to make sure he is not so short of a stack that he has to call?
Old 11-07-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: insta-push?

This isn't an exact answer to your question, but it's along the same line of thought. This is the answer to the question "how big of a stack can my opponent have such that it's +EV for me to push with x hand and show my opponent my hand." Your question is different because your opponent 1) can't see your hand, 2) likely doesn't play optimally (we hope at least), and 3) is in a tournament in which chips have depreciating value and therefore folds more frequently. However, this should give you a nice rough idea.