Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 07:46 AM

Default AA comments all streets please

Villain is 44/15/2.4 after 75 hands

converter

Hero ($31.80)
SB ($59)
BB ($31.70)
UTG ($60.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.85, UTG calls $0.85.

Flop: ($3.40) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $5.5</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $28.15</font>, Hero ?
Old 12-14-2005, 07:55 AM

Default Re: AA comments all streets please

folds and doesn't think about it twice.

Also, don't min 3-bet the flop. Raise it to at least $15.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
don't min 3-bet the flop. Raise it to at least $15.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure at all on the 15 $ raise since I will be called or raised only by better hands and moreover I would be pot commited.
A smaller raise can get value from lowers hands. It's really possible that my raise is not good (may be 3$ more is better ? )
Old 12-14-2005, 09:21 AM

Given the way it was played I fold quick. At these stakes, I probably call the checkraise, and shove a nonthreatening turn when he leads.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure at all on the 15 $ raise since I will be called or raised only by better hands and moreover I would be pot commited.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. You will be called by many hands which you beat. You will also charge the draws, instead of giving them their odds. If you pulled this minraising stuff against me, I would immediately put you on Aces and label you a weak player.

[ QUOTE ]
A smaller raise can get value from lowers hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your crappy raise also confuses you when they push all in.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:03 AM

3-bet all-in that flop. This guy's range is wide and he is probably either on a draw or trying to pick off your CB.

You appear weak and an aggressive player is playing back at you. This is actually not a bad play if you know you will get action from an aggro who plays decent post-flop, but you have to 3-bet push that flop.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:12 AM

bigger raise pf and quit with the weak 3betting.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good advice. The normal play should be a call I believe. and my post was to know also about my preflop raise. You say it's a too small pre-flop raise ( and I tend to be agree with that ). But the pot raise is my standard raise, what preflop raise is interesting here ?

For the 15$ 3bet raise, I simply can't believe in it and I explained why, I wish a good player could be agree with me, but if everybody say I am wrong, well I will have to change my opinion...
Old 12-14-2005, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good advice. The normal play should be a call I believe. and my post was to know also about my preflop raise. You say it's a too small pre-flop raise ( and I tend to be agree with that ). But the pot raise is my standard raise, what preflop raise is interesting here ?

For the 15$ 3bet raise, I simply can't believe in it and I explained why, I wish a good player could be agree with me, but if everybody say I am wrong, well I will have to change my opinion...

[/ QUOTE ]

standard pf raising is 4xBB + 1xBB for every limper - so at least $1.50 in your case.

minraising does not show strength at all - it just begs for him to come over the top at you. when you reraise you want to make an impression on the villain and make them think twice about their action.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your raise was less than the value of the pot. Villain has better than 2-1 immediate odds and probably over 3-1 implied odds to call. If you are going to 3-bet it has to be at least pot-sized to get any respect. $15 is pot-sized. Villain likes his hand so I probably get greedy and go to $20+. Yes, plenty of worse hands are coming along for the ride. Why give worse hands correct odds to draw out with a min-raise? Punish chasers. That is where you make money.