Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: How good is Bayou Poker\'s \"Bottomless Bonus\"?

[ QUOTE ]

I like Bayou because some of the owners seem like genuinely good people but 50% contributed rakeback can't compete with the seeming bottomless string of reloads that amount to 70% NON-contributed rb or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I understand correctly, the bonuses at e.g. Eurobet give 0.7 "points" per $1 of rake and pay out $1 for 10 points; this amounts to a 70% rakeback at a ten-handed table but only 35% (or less) if you play 5-max tables as I do.

In that case I think the Bayou offer is better, but perhaps I am totally misunderstanding.

Guy.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: How good is Bayou Poker\'s \"Bottomless Bonus\"?

My math gets real shaky when I get away from full ring LHE because I'm not sure how the 70% goes to 35% since the proportion of points per $1 rake is constant. I know there is an average figure involved because obviously loose and tight players would pay different amounts of rake and the # of players seeing the flop for shorthanded games is much higher (and with bigger pots). And of course the difference between contributed and non-contributed rakeback is going to be a lot less for shorthanded games. MATH IS HARD!!!

So... I'll cheat and just say the BW chart says Bayou is better for .5/1 and 1/2 shorthanded games but Eurobet at 10x is better after that until you get to 50/100.