Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2003, 05:02 PM

Default Quote \'O The Day

In the hallway in court today waiting for a hearing. Sitting with another lawyer. The docket is taking forever and some guy is getting sentenced. The bailiff comes out with the guy dressed in jail orange and chains and leads him down the hall.

The poor guy asks "Did I just get 35 years or 40 years in there?"

Bailiff responds that he didn't pay attention to the particulars of the sentence etc.... Guy thinks a second about the difference between 35 and 40 years for a guy in his '20's then says in a both resigned and surprised way "Motherf....r."

Maybe you had to be there. But both the question and realization were uttered with some style.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Quote \'O The Day

[img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] and that brings a reality to this board that is unmatched...jmho..gl [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2003, 06:57 PM

What a sad post. A wasted life and who knows how many ruined lives for the victims of whatever it was the guy did to get the 35/40 years.

And we bitch and moan when a guy hits a runner-runner flush.
Old 03-31-2003, 08:06 PM

Yeah, but we don't deserve to lose to a runner runner flush. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

I don't know everything the guy did. He threatened cops with a pipe bomb and had a standoff with them. I think he had a whole bunch of other charges, and got a sentence with mixed concurrent/consecutive time so it got confusing. I may find out more about it. It will be in the paper, but they will get it wrong.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:36 AM

"he had a whole bunch of other charges, and got a sentence with mixed concurrent/consecutive time so it got confusing. I may find out more about it. It will be in the paper, but they will get it wrong."

Did the court get it right?
Old 04-01-2003, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Some details

Some details from the paper that seemed accurate in light of other stuff I heard about the case. He had a 4 1/2 to 6 for fraud or theft that he already was sentenced to. (The bottom number in our state is absolute, no parole is possible during that time.) He got 15-30 consecutive yesterday for threatening officers with a bomb and stuff. So that will basically mean he can expect a 21-36 year sentence. He won't get parole on the first one, so he will do all 6 years. Then he starts on a minimum 15 more. He has other charges pending for trying to escape and possessing a weapon in jail. Before the latest cases, he had just finished a prison sentence. He's 26 now and will be doing well if he's out at 50. Not the way to spend the prime of your life, eh?