Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Skill Difference Question between the $11 and the $22

Wrong.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:38 PM

They're harder, but not enough to worry about. If you have the bankroll, move up. Just be willing to move down if you find you're getting crushed and you'll be fine. Much more likely is that you'll just have slightly less success at the 20s, which will be more than made up for by the higher buyin (in terms of profit).
Old 11-01-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering if the jump is substantially noticable in skill between these two levels? and when do you know you are ready to move up, besides BR requirement of course.

Thanks,

G,

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on your definition of substantially. It is harder to reach a 20% ROI at the 22s. If I was to make a guess a 20% ROI at the 11s translates to perhaps 15% in the 22s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish - I have a little of 20% ROI at the 11s, but got crushed at the 22s for a nice negative ROI (around 300 sngs)They really don't seem any tougher, but I have no idea why I do so bad.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering if the jump is substantially noticable in skill between these two levels? and when do you know you are ready to move up, besides BR requirement of course.

Thanks,

G,

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on your definition of substantially. It is harder to reach a 20% ROI at the 22s. If I was to make a guess a 20% ROI at the 11s translates to perhaps 15% in the 22s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish - I have a little of 20% ROI at the 11s, but got crushed at the 22s for a nice negative ROI (around 300 sngs)They really don't seem any tougher, but I have no idea why I do so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, same thing happened to me when I moved up to 2/4. I had crushed .5/1, 1/2, 1/2 6-max, but at 2/4 I'm down about 500bb over 30k hands. Now I only play SNG's [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 02:10 PM

I recently made this leap, and while the 22s are harder, they're more predictable.

You won't get as many people calling all-ins with KTo on the first hand, but you're also less likely to see somebody stand a small raise with Q8s (they're still there, though--just not as many).

I had to jump back down to the 11s for one night a couple weeks ago when Party was having server trouble, and it took a few minutes to readjust to the anarchy. It's profitable anarchy, of course, but it adds to your variance.

I moved up when my bankroll was ready and haven't found it to be anything close to a quantum leap as far as opponents' skill level.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are talking about pokerstars, I think the $10 is much harder than $20 because of the college students down there trying to build the roll carefully. Go a little higher and you've got lots of guys with plenty of cash playing for kicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way are the $10's tougher than the $20's on Stars.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so close to my situation it's scary. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 02:24 PM

if you are an effective push bot, you will build the roll to play $30's in no time.