Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Is ND really deserving for BCS

Their best receiver hasn't played all year, and will be back next year. Quinn will be back, as well as Darius Walker, I believe.

[ QUOTE ]
One recruiting class does not turn a college football program around.

[/ QUOTE ] It certainly has the potential too. So does a really good coach.

You sir epitomize a true ND hater.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You sir epitomize a true ND hater.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. I am biased. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 01:53 PM

Also, just looking at their roster, several of their key players are either Soph's or Juniors.

Samardzjia-Jr
Quinn-Jr.
Stovall-Jr.
Zbikowski-So.
Ndukwe-Jr.
Wooden-So.

I am going to say it right now, this team will be even better next year.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, just looking at their roster, several of their key players are either Soph's or Juniors.

Samardzjia-Jr
Quinn-Jr.
Stovall-Jr.
Zbikowski-So.
Ndukwe-Jr.
Wooden-So.

I am going to say it right now, this team will be even better next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem. That's about all they have coming back. The offense is being gutted. They are losing their center, right tackle, top two left tackles, top two left guards, shelton, fasano, stovall, and powers-neal. They are losing five starters from a mediocre defense.

Quinn and Walker are very good football players but they can't do it alone. There is no way this team can possibly be better next year.

*edit* I see Stovall is actually a junior.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you can't see the difference between this team and past Notre Dame teams you are out of your mind. If you can't understand how they will be able to recruit some of the best QB prospects in the nation you are just a moron. Brady Quinn went from working for UPS and maybe getting a shot as a free agent to possibly being a top ten pick next year. Yea, they will never be able to recruit. I can't imagine anyone will want to go there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call me a moron all you want. I am well aware of the '06 recruiting class. This isn't basketball. One recruiting class does not turn a college football program around. We'll see how the recruiting goes next year when ND loses game after game because their receivers and 80% of the offensive line are gone.

I'll say it again. You cannot win consistently if you don't have the talent on the field. I don't care who's coaching. I may be wrong, but I won't believe it until I see them put a few consecutive winning seasons together.

[/ QUOTE ]

The experts all said ND would be 1-5 to start the season because ND had no talent. They were 4-2. I understand that the teams they played were not nearly as good as the experts thought they would be but ND averaged 14 points more a game this year than last year with the same players that Willingham had. The leading receiver this year hardly played last year. Maybe this has something to do with coaching. Quinn is quoted in a Sports Illustrated article saying that the past two years, under Willingham, that he did not feel that he was being coached. But that this year he knows exactly what is expected of him due to the coaching staff. Quinn has gone from completing 50% of his passes under Willingham to completing over 60% under Weis. Watching Quinn last year was a nightmare for every ND fan. There were games he couldn't hit water from a boat. This year is completely different. It is coaching. Good football players become great with dedication and good coaching. Great football players can become good with poor coaching also.

I think that ND's recruiting will be very good for the next 2-3 years. If they continue to improve each year then I think the recruiting will continue to be in the top 10 each year. However, if they start to lose consistently as they have in the past few years then yes recruiting will suffer. But I really believe the days of getting blown off the field by any team are gone with Weis as coach.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:19 PM

I have faith in Weiss to fix the line issue. As for their D, they only starter they are losing that concerns me is Hoyt. Their D is actually not bad, and it is young.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that ND's recruiting will be very good for the next 2-3 years. If they continue to improve each year then I think the recruiting will continue to be in the top 10 each year.

[/ QUOTE ] Of course it will be very good. They have a former NFL coach with 3 Super Bowl rings, an alumni, and a overall great guy as their coach. Why any somewhat smart kid wouldn't want to go play at ND is beyond me. I truely think that NFL experience translates over to excellent recruiting opportunities in college, one reason why I think USC has risen back to where it is.

If ND is good next year, which I think they will be, with another big bowl game, then they are set.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think that ND's recruiting will be very good for the next 2-3 years. If they continue to improve each year then I think the recruiting will continue to be in the top 10 each year.

[/ QUOTE ] Of course it will be very good. They have a former NFL coach with 3 Super Bowl rings, an alumni, and a overall great guy as their coach. Why any somewhat smart kid wouldn't want to go play at ND is beyond me. I truely think that NFL experience translates over to excellent recruiting opportunities in college, one reason why I think USC has risen back to where it is.

If ND is good next year, which I think they will be, with another big bowl game, then they are set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that ND wil be good next year. And I also think that having Weis as the head coach will be great for recruiting offensive players. But they really need to concentrate on recruiting defensive players. They desperately need help at DB. I think the defensive line and linebackers are pretty well set.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the defensive line and linebackers are pretty well set.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are losing their right tackle and right end along with two of their three starting LB's.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the defensive line and linebackers are pretty well set.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are losing their right tackle and right end along with two of their three starting LB's.

[/ QUOTE ]question, you said their D was average at best.... so whats so bad about losing these guys? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]