Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Good fold?

No read on players. Preflop is standard?

On the turn I think I've showed enough agression and the player is telling me TPTK is no good. Given he coldcalled, and there are no reasonable 2 pair hands on this board, I give him credit for a set. So I don't have outs and fold.

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.17 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds,
Old 11-18-2005, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Good fold?

I will probably lay this down against the majority of 3/6 players, it's not like our kicker is even that great. Against a normal player you aint gonna be good 1/5 at showdown. There are 2 flush draws on the board, however, and a lagier player could well have a pair + flush draw etc.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:00 PM

Protected pot and a raise, and nothing even close to a guarantee that your 5 outs are clean, sounds good to me.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:48 PM

Looks like I made the good play then although button had 88 (WTF?) and PFR had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
River was checked through. Make a note and move on, I guess.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No read on players. Preflop is standard?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think so.

Does anyone else think that QJo is too weak to play against a raise even from the big blind?

Unless MP raises light, and we don't know his raising habits in this hand because he is unknown, how many hands that have a Queen or a Jack in them that an MP raises are we going to beat?

There is QTs and JTs and that's about it. And those have flush chances that we don't have. We're OOP and MP is going to jam the pot somewhere when a Queen or Jack comes. Are we going to call this down every time hoping that MP has the weaker kicker? We're going to lose more than we make if we do that.

There is QJs and QJo is a maybe, but those are only going to get us a chop or sometimes make us lose to a flush. But we're also OOP so MP can play the hand stronger than us and force us into making a tough decsion.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn I think I've showed enough agression and the player is telling me TPTK is no good.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think he's necessarily telling you TPTK is no good. He could be telling you that he has TPTK or TP2ndK.

In this case he didn't have it, but your fold would seem reasonable against a normal player.

That's why playing QJo can spell trouble in a raised pot(not that it's any good to play in an unraised pot in SH.) Please see my post above.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:14 PM

I play it depending upon my opponents. Tight Tough tricky opponents I let it go, but against a LAG I have no problem playing it.