Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 11:32 PM

Default $2 rebuys on poker stars

I have been having a heck of a time turning my poker experience into a profitable one. I just started playing the $2 rebuy on poker stars and i have won 7 of the last 7 i entered [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]! However when i unregister it gives me W$ so i will have to find a place to sell them ... but I am finally turning a profit [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]!
Old 11-15-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: $2 rebuys on poker stars

[ QUOTE ]
and i have won 7 of the last 7 i entered ! However when i unregister it gives me W$ so i will have to find a place to sell them ... but I am finally turning a profit

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I hate to point this out but you're not finally turning a profit. You're getting lucky. 7 of 7 means you're running good, not you're the best player ever.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:30 AM

I finally found a game i can beat. I think it has helped me out a lot with patience ... also because it is a rebuy tourney people seem to make a lot looser raises and calls. I have been able to capitalize on it so far. I did not say I was the best poker player ever. I have only been playing a year and have read 4 2+2 books and must be a slow learner because this is the only game that I have been able to beat consistantly so far. However I am still reading the books, boards, and anylizing my play. I am losing less frequently and hope that I can continue to find and correct flaws in my game. However, hey if even I can beat the $2 rebuy on Poker Stars, just think what you could do!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 02:39 AM

Total Winnings: $11,671
Total Final Tables: 9
Old 11-15-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and i have won 7 of the last 7 i entered ! However when i unregister it gives me W$ so i will have to find a place to sell them ... but I am finally turning a profit

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I hate to point this out but you're not finally turning a profit. You're getting lucky. 7 of 7 means you're running good, not you're the best player ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be a hater.

OP, keep up the good work. Why are you so anxious to sell the W$?
Old 11-15-2005, 02:46 AM

I am not anxious to sell the W$, however I dont do well in MTT's that are not rebuys, so I dont think that I am ready to go on to a big tourney yet. I have been playing mostly $1, $2, and $3 tourneys and I was wondering if I played a slightly higher level tourney like $10 or $20 angainst slightly more predictable players if I would do better. So my only reason to sell the W$ would be to try higher level regular tournaments without stepping all the way up to $100 tourneys. If any of that makes any sense [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 03:10 AM

Can't you use the tourney dollars for any/all tourneys and ring games? I thought you just couldn't cash it out, but not sure about this.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't you use the tourney dollars for any/all tourneys and ring games? I thought you just couldn't cash it out, but not sure about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea $T, not $W you have to use those in WPT/EPT/WCOOP/etc events.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Total Winnings: $11,671
Total Final Tables: 9

[/ QUOTE ]

Your point?
Old 11-15-2005, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea $T, not $W you have to use those in WPT/EPT/WCOOP/etc events.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I play ring, S&G and MTT, never tried those other ones.