Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 05:36 AM

Default Question: VPIP 10-15% and PFR 10-13%

I just have a question about these percentages. What type of hands are playable against someone who raises with a vpip of 10-15%? I know this number is really tight but I have no clue what hands I can play against. Is AQ even ev positive against this player or would folding be a better play. I'm guessing I can only play with the best hands against someone with such a low vpip. My guess would be TT+ and AQs+ any thoughts?

How about the PFR, is 10-13% really tight? My PFR% is around 15% but I steal alot of blinds and in the CO. Just wondering how much I have to respect players if their stats are as followed.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Question: VPIP 10-15% and PFR 10-13%

It's going to depend on the raiser's position. A raise from EP is an easy fold for AQo. As the raiser's position moves later, typically, his range will widen. Question is how much? AQo is an easy reraise against most of these players when they raise in LP, IMO. Experience with specific players will dictate how late they must be before you feel this is a +EV play.

With 15% VPIP & 13% PFR he'll be raising 88/77 in MP. T9s in hijack, etc.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Question: VPIP 10-15% and PFR 10-13%

These are players you can typically 3-bet with suited cards or connectors. They are tight players capable of laying down hands. You have to play them aggressively, raising on every street.