Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 12-15-2005, 03:11 PM
miami32 miami32 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Borgata or the Taj
Default December VIP offers anyone?

Party has yet to send me an email and I haven't gotten a pop up...
Old 12-15-2005, 03:22 PM
jba jba is offline
Senior Member

Default Re: December VIP offers anyone?

nope, I am finishing my PPA/100MORE bonuses and jumping ship. [censored] YOU PARTY POKER
Old 12-15-2005, 03:23 PM
miami32 miami32 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Borgata or the Taj

lol. I like party.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Back In Black Back In Black is offline
Junior Member

I am now playing at another site for the first time in more than a year because of this BS that Party is pulling.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:31 PM
imported_azalin imported_azalin is offline
Member

From: vip@partypoker.com <vip@partypoker.com>
To: xxxxxx.com
Date: Dec 16, 2005 2:07 AM
Subject: Response from PartyPoker.com VIP Club [#xxxxx]
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Delete this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?
Dear xxxx,

Thank you for contacting the Customer Care Team.

You will be receiving your December offer during the latter part of this week. Please keep an eye for emails and pop-ups from ourselves during the next while.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Please let us know if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email or telephone.

Kind Regards,

Catriona Byrne
Poker Customer Care
Old 12-15-2005, 06:58 PM
jba jba is offline
Senior Member

so is thursday considered the early part or more the middle part of the week? late middle maybe?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:02 PM
Back In Black Back In Black is offline
Junior Member

It has gotten to this point for me.

To: vip@partypoker.com

So.......am I going to receive any thing from you? I'm not sure if you noticed, but I have taken all of my money off of the party network for the first time in over 2 years.

Well done.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:06 PM
AA suited AA suited is offline
Junior Member

do we need 2 dec vip threaDS?!
Old 12-15-2005, 11:23 PM
LImitPlayer LImitPlayer is offline
Senior Member

Don't know if this has been covered in another thread since I havent read read these boards in a while but I called Party today and talked to someone in the VIP department and this is what they said:

The VIP club bonus this month is only the 30% up to 100 max pop up bonus. There will not be any other VIP offer this month

I told him that the rep from Party that offered me my November bonus said that my December offer would be better if I met my goals for November (which I doubled)

I bitched about getting a $1,600 bonus in November and asked them if they were joking about offering me $100 for December. He then went on about Santas Party Pack bonus and the Football bonus

I havent played at all this month due to my fiances surgery but I told them I had been playing on a different site because I have not recieved a VIP offer yet for Party. He then urged me to start playing and start saving my Players points as they will be offering a Party Poker millions cruise promotion to VIP players and it will be out this week. I mentioned the week was over as it was 10pm on a Thursday night and he just said it will be out this week.

He then went on about Santas Party Pack bonus and the Football bonus and to keep playing and save those points!

I told them that if this was all im getting I'll keep playing elsewhere, his response was, "I'm sorry to hear that is there anything else I can help you with tonight Sir?"

Guess 20K a month in MGR isnt worthwile enough for them to keep me a as customer.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:17 AM
Guest

I sent this:

=======================

Hi,

It's the 15th now, and I have yet to receive my offer for a month that's
half over. As I am a purely SNG player, reload bonuses and other bonuses
requiring raked hands are useless for me, so please don't mention the popups
as I find it insulting. I'm generating thousands of dollars in MGR, and I'm
not working with any affiliates to get "under the table" rakeback. I chose
to give your VIP program a shot. I'm extremely unhappy with the results.

I'm contacting PokerStars to ask them about their VIP program. If they come
out with anything at all for January, I gaurantee you I will send 100% of my
business over to them. As much as I prefer playing on PartyPoker, I'm not
so bad a businessman as to give up hundreds of dollars playing here. I'm
sure after a few weeks I'll get used to PokerStars structure and interface,
and I won't be coming back unless they mess up worse than PartyPoker has.
I'm sure you guys keep up to date on the many public online poker forums.
Many many other people feel the same as I do.

All that said, I do appreciate the courteous responses. Your customer
service team is very professional and quick to respond. In fact, it's the
only reason I'm still at PartyPoker. Your marketing team, however, needs to
catch up and fast. Their execution is sorely lacking.

Here are some of the opinions I've read about PartyPoker December VIP offers
(or lack thereof) in the last 24 hours:

" nope, I am finishing my PPA/100MORE bonuses and jumping ship. [censored]
YOU PARTY POKER -jba"

" I am now playing at another site for the first time in more than a year
because of this BS that Party is pulling. -Back In Black"

" I got a partial bonus for Nov, haven't heard anything from them for
ec. -adspar"

" However, I must admit that I am beginning to drift to the analogy of the
"it's rigged" view with regard to Party's management by thinking that "the
marketing group" really is a group of drooling idiots. This program, as
viewed from a player's perspective, is very poorly run -- labor intensive
without the cooresponding benefits one would expect for the business by
investing all this labor, and communicated in a way that is confusing at
best and outright contradictory at less than worst. The only explanation for
the interminable delays and incompetence that makes any sense to mme is that
Party is watching revenue numbers very closely on a daily basis and is
trying to play with 6 different levers as the month wears on in order to
spend the least but still hit the top-line numbers (i.e., Santa pack,
football thingy, reload bonuses, VIP program, etc.) Just seems to be very
poorly run. -Catt"

" Poorly run is an understatement. A third of the month has gone by and we
don't know what is what.This is not poor it is pathetic. They should be
working on January's offers now and not in Febuary. -JOEL_"

" in this day and age of computers and actuary programs, i am surprised a
billion dollar company is doing stuff by trial and error. -AA suited"

" Yeah. Especially since they have info on the response to previous
promotions (reloads, etc.) over years and years of play. Even if they are
trying to fine tune the quarter, there's no logical reason that this sort of
promotional / loyalty program should be even close to this level of
complexity / confusion / cost. Again, I don't want to disappear down the
rabbit hole of "they're idiots" but I'd surely be interested if I were
running marketing / a manager in marketing resonsible for this program's
budget / a manger responsible for this program / a finance person allocating
for this promotion / a director / a stockholder / etc. -- just makes no
sense. -Catt"

" It's almost as if they are trying to chase us away. -DarkKnight"

The fact that I took the trouble to write all this down should tell you how
badly I want things to work out with PartyPoker. But it should also tell
you that I'm ready to give my business to another online poker site.

Regards,
-Jim

=======================

and got this in response:

===================================

Dear Jim,

Thank you for contacting us.

The VIP offers may change from month to month, hence the offer you receive this month may not be a cash redemption for Player Club Points earned.

We are working on new and exciting offers for the future. PartyPoker Million V cruise packages will be awarded to a number of players based on the number of party points they earn during a specific period. This specific offer is being prepared and you will receive an email or a post log in pop up with further details.

The bonus pops up are software related and will be removed automatically when the promotion end.

Please do keep a look out for emails and post login pop-ups with more info on VIP Offers.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Kapilesh
Poker Customer Care

Looks like there will be NO cashback for December at all. I'm switching to PokerStars, and I really didn't want to.