Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-30-2005, 05:57 AM

Default Re: rankin those crappy american lights

Ha. Busch Light is better than Natural Light. That's all I can say about that.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Switch to Budweiser

I have a better idea, drink any one of the myriad of American beers and ales that are better than Budweiser. Sam Adams, Harpoon, Fat Tire, Sierra Nevada, Anchor Steam, to name but a few.

Yes, Bud's better than Miller, but that ain't sayin' much.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the most famous beer advertising campaigns of all time was a Budweiser promotion from the 1950's. It was called 'The Budweiser Five Day Test"
What you do is for five days drink only Budweiser, and drink at least one per day. On the sixth day drink whatever beer you had been drinking and then decide which one is better.
I dare you to try it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd rather have sex with a goat than drink Bud for five days.That would be enough to get me to stop drinking beer permanantly.Yuck!
Old 12-30-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: rankin those crappy american lights

Yuengling Lager

a fine American beer, and you can get a 12 pack for under $10
Old 12-30-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: sad news from borgata

[ QUOTE ]
they apparently wont be offering MGD any longer. they replaced it with miller lite.

[/ QUOTE ]

They replaced a crappy watered down beer with a crappier even more watered down beer. How sad.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am severely dissapointed with the beer selections at AC poker rooms.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do they serve Budwiser? Budwiser is the King of Beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Budweiser, IMO is the best American mass market beer (there are many good American micro-brews). Budweiser is actually drinakable if I have to pay for it (any beer is drinkable if someone else is buying). It's weak and watery, but at least has decent flavor and a good malt-hop balance.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Coors is owned by Molson from Canada (they merged and over 50% of the company is Canadian owned). The majority of the profits go to Canada.

Sam Adams (Boston Brewing Company) is just a marketing concept. Until recently they did not even own any brewing capacity. They shopped around to existing brewers with excess capacity and bought up brewing time.

Drink Bud.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're only reasoning for drinking bud is that it's american? Sorry but thats just not good enough. I have a 12 pack of bud thats been sitting in my fridge since thanksgiving, thats how much noone wants to drink that nasty garbage.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:23 AM

This reminded me of a time when a frat buddy and I were in a bar and I bought I round of mugs. This was our second round, and as he had done on previous occassions, he spent a little time deriding the taste of Budweiser and and anyone who drank it, while he extolled the virtues of Heinekin and the refined taste of the connoisseurs who appreciated it.

When I delivered the mugs, I decided to try a little experiment. I gave him the Budweiser and kept the Heinekin for myself. After he had a few sips I asked him how he was enjoying it.

"Fantastic." he replied.

I said, "You really think that Heinekin is so much better than Budweiser, eh?"

"Definately", he replied, "No comparison."

This is particularly impressive since Heinekin doesn't even taste anything like Budweiser. I never told him that I had pulled the old switchero. It would have embarressed him too much, and this guy had a kind of fragile ego.

I was working in the Bar Business around that time and from my experience I was pretty confident he would not realize he was drinking the brand he thought he didn't like, and I was satisfied to know the results of this taste test for myself. I could tell you other stories about beer and liquor, but most of them I would be reluctant to publish.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a better idea, drink any one of the myriad of American beers and ales that are better than Budweiser. Sam Adams, Harpoon, Fat Tire, Sierra Nevada, Anchor Steam, to name but a few.

[/ QUOTE ]