Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: baby two pair hand

this is a type of hand where we need to exercise pot control. i play this very slow. there are times when bottom 2 is a good hand. this isn't one of them. manage the pot. win or lose a small one.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:16 PM

I don't care for raising the flop either, Isura, unless you want to gamble to a flush draw plus, perhaps (doubtful), a little something something. Seems like you are the type who likes to chop away at donkeys through small pots and knock them off later when you have the better of it. I like your idea best. Make it 40, fold to further aggression.

A lot of times, donkeys like this won't provide further aggression, but rather, will just call and then bet out small in the end. If that's the case, I suggest checking the turn and then calling depending on what your opponent bets (say, if he tries something like a bet of 15 on the river, then what the hey, maybe he's bullshitting and you get information that way).

Argun
Old 12-29-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a type of hand where we need to exercise pot control. i play this very slow. there are times when bottom 2 is a good hand. this isn't one of them. manage the pot. win or lose a small one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most people understand this is a hand that needs pot control. Do you have a line you would use to lose/win the least/most?
Old 12-29-2005, 05:42 PM

donk the turn and fold to a raise against opponents that won't push with the ace of clubs

check-call against those that will