Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-28-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: OT: Excerpted by Citanul: Proving I\'m not a bot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So if someone had told me he was a bot then I would have said that he was pisspoor one at best but then through posting on here and through pm's I became friends with juicy and I can attest that he isn't a bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you attest to that? Have you physically observed him play poker at his computer?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not here to start a war but you guys are assuming he is the wrong.

Have I physically observed him playing on his computer? No. Have I talked to him throughout my 12-16 hour sessions via messneger? Yes, multiple times, having conversassions for hours on end about meaningless stuff like chicks, food, vegas, and the weather.

Last time I checked people who create bots won't sit at their computer for the entire 12-18 hour session and chat, hahaa. I mean a bot is meant to be made so you don't have to be at the computer at all and it will just play. I'm sorry but based on my experience and evidence with him I've come to the conclusion that he isn't a bot. Have you ever played with him, spoken to him, ect ect?

I like how people just state what they think even though they don't squat about the topic.

"George Bush doesn't like black people"

Kanye
Old 11-28-2005, 03:54 PM

So bascially you can attest to him chatting on AIM and not attest to him not using a bot?

If you simply meant you didn't believe he used a bot, you should have said so.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it unethical to team an account?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would it be? Party doesn't care where they get their rake. It would screw up your notes or database numbers if 2/more people played the same screen name with different styles. I don't feel any moral obligation to maintain the validity of someone else's notes or DB.

One instance that I would consider unethical would be if I had a personal bet with someone about results, leader board position, etc., and had an unknown partner helping me get in a large number of games.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it unethical to team an account?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would it be? Party doesn't care where they get their rake. It would screw up your notes or database numbers if 2/more people played the same screen name with different styles. I don't feel any moral obligation to maintain the validity of someone else's notes or DB.

One instance that I would consider unethical would be if I had a personal bet with someone about results, leader board position, etc., and had an unknown partner helping me get in a large number of games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why it would be? The winner of the leaderboard get $5k and teaming up might rob someone of money they earned.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last time I checked people who create bots won't sit at their computer for the entire 12-18 hour session and chat, hahaa. I mean a bot is meant to be made so you don't have to be at the computer at all and it will just play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember the last time playing 8 SnG's was "fun"
I think there's a reason so many of us have 2+2, AIM, irc, etc open during our sets... and I think that reason is because we rather be doing something else but love money [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, for exactly that reason, it would be unETHICAL, maybe. would it be cheating? well, that depends on the T&C of party. i haven't and am not going to read them for this purpose, i simply don't care enough to wade through it. someone else can have fun with that.

when there's a monetary prize for doing a lot of something that it's expected that you do alone, it's poor gamesmanship to play as more than one person. however, if party has no rules against it, they have no rules against it.

if there's a personal bet about it, it's clearly hideously unethical, if it's stated in the terms of the bet.

c
Old 11-28-2005, 04:36 PM

Just my 2 cents.

Most of what I read doesn't prove that Juicy is a bot.
Juicy plays a lot of tables for many hours... so what.
Juicy doesn't click the popups.... So what... I've missed popups multitabling.

The only truly damning bit of info is that Party has recorded Juicy clicking buttons in simultaneous games within miliseconds of eachother. The buttons were clicked so fast that it was humanly impossible to do the clicking (according to Party). That would suggest that either Party's methods of obtaining this information is flawed, or that Juicy is a bot.

Now, if I were unreal_nh, I'd ask Party how they're collecting this information. If they are waiting until the clicks arrive on their server, then the method is flawed. Their programmers would have to be retarded to do it like that, but there are lots of programmers who seem retarded enough to do such a thing.

If Party were recording the time on the client's end when the button were clicked and then compared that information, then either Juicy clicks at super human speeds, or Juicy is a bot.

In my opinion, the clicking is the really the only damning evidence. So, unreal_nh, try to find out how party collects the info about button clicks. Maybe they can send you logs of the clicks which will reveal their methods.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:44 PM

if he's using autohotkey or the like, he can type 2 keys really quickly to make 2 'mouse clicks' on diff tables...faster than clicking on one and then moving cursor over to click on the other...
Old 11-28-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just my 2 cents.

Most of what I read doesn't prove that Juicy is a bot.
Juicy plays a lot of tables for many hours... so what.
Juicy doesn't click the popups.... So what... I've missed popups multitabling.

The only truly damning bit of info is that Party has recorded Juicy clicking buttons in simultaneous games within miliseconds of eachother. The buttons were clicked so fast that it was humanly impossible to do the clicking (according to Party). That would suggest that either Party's methods of obtaining this information is flawed, or that Juicy is a bot.

Now, if I were unreal_nh, I'd ask Party how they're collecting this information. If they are waiting until the clicks arrive on their server, then the method is flawed. Their programmers would have to be retarded to do it like that, but there are lots of programmers who seem retarded enough to do such a thing.

If Party were recording the time on the client's end when the button were clicked and then compared that information, then either Juicy clicks at super human speeds, or Juicy is a bot.

In my opinion, the clicking is the really the only damning evidence. So, unreal_nh, try to find out how party collects the info about button clicks. Maybe they can send you logs of the clicks which will reveal their methods.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can bet that Party places much more significance on him failing to responding to 20-30 popups than you do. As do I.

I can tell you if I was playing and accidentally missed one popup I would be worried (simply because I know why Party uses them) and would make sure I didn't play so much that I would miss another. I certainly wouldn't happily play on missing dozens of them. In my mind it is pretty damning.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:47 PM

auto hotkey is going to work off of the repeat speed of your keys at fastest. no one sets their keyboard to repeat that fast, otherwise tttttthhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeiiiiiiiiirrrrrrr typing would look like that.

editted to add: i actually started writing a post about hotkeys and deleted it before i came to the above conclusion.

c