Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Heads up out of position with a TAP

Nightmare hand here. I try and avoid tight agressive opponents if possible, but this was clearly unavoidable.

PP 20-40

Tex is UTG with 10-10, raises.

Folds around to button, TAP, who 3-bets.

Both blinds fold, and we take a flop of

10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]j [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

So like i said, opponent is very tight, and very agressive, and given the fact that he three bet me I'm thinking he's holding a monster that will stomp on my middle pair chew me up and spit me out and leave me with just enough respect for my play to continue playing cards today...

Tex checks, TAP bets, Tex calls.

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

(does this just get worse or what?)

Tex checks, TAP bets, Tex raises, TAP three bets, Tex calls.

river K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Tex checks, TAP bets, Tex calls.

Now- To the 2+2'ers that have been doing this much longer than I have, I would seriously appreciate any advice you can give me on how bad I probably played this hand and how to handle it in the future, and any advice on playing heads up with a TAP that I have a lot of respect for,and his rock solid flawless money milking fish puree'ing game.

???
Old 09-27-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Heads up out of position with a TAP

you lead into him on the flop and hope it gets capped right then and there.

On turn if you bet and he raises and you raise again and he raises then.... its time for the old, check call on the river.

Forget about the turn and river for a second
But taking the hand on the flop you want to bet into him and reraise him right then and there.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Results....

TAP showed the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Tex tucked tail and muttered something under his breath as he picked his intangible chips off the intangible table and let the intabgible door hit him in the ass on his way out to cyberspace.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:05 PM

you should have lost a lot more money
Old 09-27-2005, 04:06 PM

this is absolutely 100% attrocious.

first, he can have AQs/AK/AKs/99 as well as JJ-AA.

thats 4+16+6:6*4=26:24 THAT HES A DOG to you right now.

sometimes i cap so if the flop comes A or K high and i bet he'll fold JJ/QQ. i assumed you autocalled the 3 bet w/o even considering capping.

on the flop you should c'r and look to cap, AcK or AxKc will 3 bet your c'r for a free card some times after you c'r and then you cap and lead the turn.

bet and then THREEBET the turn!!!! for the love of god! the As HELPS your hand. there are 3 hands im greatly concerned about him having, 1)AKcc, 2) AQcc, 3) JJ ... he can have KcKx QcQx AcKx AsKc and id say you should put more money in at every street after the flop but not the river.

given the passive ass way you played it id say 100% check call the river b/c he'll bet 2 pair and will raise any hand that beats you and only call some of the hands hed bet after you check.

again, you say you play w/ a bankroll and withdraw money but im seriuosly perplexed as to how??!?!? you get a set every so often, same with aces, if you dont make money off these hands, where the [censored] do you make it?? raise AA preflop in almsot every conceivable situation and put a shitload of money in that pot w/ a set.

even if you're behind you have tons of outs except to JJ.

Barron
Old 09-27-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sometimes i cap so if the flop comes A or K high and i bet he'll fold JJ/QQ. i assumed you autocalled the 3 bet w/o even considering capping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. How often would you say you do this, in position and out of position? I only do this in blind steal situations, in position w/small-med pairs to gain more fold equity on high card flops, but tend not to try it in full table situations when out of position, ie unless facing a LAG I nearly always just call here without thinking about it.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:17 PM

man, barron, seriously, i almost always do...

thanks for the feedback though.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:27 PM

definately fastplay here, checkraise the flop till it gets capped, I would probably also checkraise the turn once it hits, and then the river is pretty much the worst card in the deck for you. I'd probably check call with it being that big, and he might even check behind a set of jacks or something.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:11 PM

So what you're saying is, if I want some attention, all I need to do is post a hand I played terribly, that everyone would agree I played terribly, and then the best players on this board will respond and give me detailed analyses on the play of all my hands. And if I do this repeatedly, they will keep responding despite that fact that my posts make it clear I'm an idiot. Good to know.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

first, he can have AQs/AK/AKs/99 as well as JJ-AA.

thats 4+16+6:6*4=26:24 THAT HES A DOG to you right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
It gets even better because there's a decent chance villain has 88. That is, if I were the villain, I'd be 3-betting with 88 unless hero is uber-tight.

Anyway, the bottom line is that hero played this hand extremely poorly postflop.