Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 09-25-2005, 04:32 PM

Default i know how much you like folding top pair for one more bet...

played about 80 hands with the villain, he seems like a solid TAG. hasn't gotten too out of line.

Prima Poker 20/40 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5.5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

River: (7.5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero
Old 09-25-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: i know how much you like folding top pair for one more bet...

God no.

-Mike
Old 09-25-2005, 04:42 PM

it is possible he completed a weak Kxs from the BB and is betting for value, since every draw in the world got there and he worries you will now check behind, but still call with various hands, no?
Old 09-25-2005, 04:47 PM

it is possible, yeah. i think he'd likely get a raise in with it somewhere postflop though. and that's the only hand that takes this line that i beat.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:02 PM

He also may play Qx like this(maybe with the backdoor club draw or maybe naked), since he is going to call anyways, and there is VERY little chance of him getting raised on the river. I dont think that he necessarily puts in any more action postflop with a king either. I hate folding this river getting 8.5-1. I think you are good that often for sure, plus image considerations and information purposes.

-Mike
Old 09-25-2005, 05:05 PM

nvr fold.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:22 PM

Bad players will bet out on a draw completing river as a bluff often enough to make calling here correct with worse hands than you currently hold. Don't even think about folding.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:41 PM

Wow...I am confused, I guess. Are you really thinking about folding? My initial reaction was that you wanted to know if it was a call or a raise. I really didn't even consider a fold here.

I probably call 90% of the time here, and raise only if I have a very specific read that tells me he could possibly lay down a better hand.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:52 PM

of course i called the damn river...

fwiw i've seen him donkbet the river three times before and every time it was after his completed draw. he's not really straightforward, but... more like ABC tag if you know what i mean. but i don't have that many hands with him. i thought getting some slight consideration for a fold might've been possible, i didn't really expect someone to answer with "fold," but even that was getting my hopes up. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

raising this river ever is suicide, what worse hand are you guys really putting him on? if he bets the river with a queen ever, it's very rarely.

you think a non passive player plays a k like this often?