Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 09-22-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: A very very well played hand, 200-400 on UB

"And no, I there is almost never any play of this caliber at the 5-10 HU on party."

there is when i play although maybe not because i wouldve spewed on the earlier streets and assumed it was for value. anyway the point i was mainly making was the river bet was a standard value bet. i mean it's exceptional compared to the normal donkness online but standard for a very good player. that's a pretty looking board for AQ in a heads up match.

you should definitely leave the results out of your initial posts. it's perfectly possbile that clouded my response. it's best to reveal the results later in the thread, if ever.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:28 PM

I love these heads up posts as I am currently in the "improve your heads up game" stage of my development.

If you have time, I would really appreciate your imput on a couple of key basic questions if you have time.

1. What range of hands (as a standard) do you open raise from button? How does the way the player plays affect your adjustments? For example. If he plays to loose you do this, too tight you adjust this way. All preflop.

2. Same question, but vs a Raise from the button when you are BB. What hands do you call, 3-bet and fold basically, and how do you adjust the standard based on players loose/tightness and agression.

3. Is it standard to feel like im violently spewing chips someimtes? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thanks,
blake
Old 09-22-2005, 09:38 PM

what if he raises this river? cuz i would some % of the time.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love these heads up posts as I am currently in the "improve your heads up game" stage of my development.

If you have time, I would really appreciate your imput on a couple of key basic questions if you have time.

1. What range of hands (as a standard) do you open raise from button? How does the way the player plays affect your adjustments? For example. If he plays to loose you do this, too tight you adjust this way. All preflop.

2. Same question, but vs a Raise from the button when you are BB. What hands do you call, 3-bet and fold basically, and how do you adjust the standard based on players loose/tightness and agression.

3. Is it standard to feel like im violently spewing chips someimtes? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thanks,
blake

[/ QUOTE ]

While you're answering general q's...

I would also like to ask you to what extent are able to keep your emotions in check when losing/feeling outplayed playing HU. HU limit is the most tilt-inducing form of poker I am familiar with, and the bigger the game the bigger the propensity to get pissed off.

When you are losing to a player who you feel is weaker than you, do you ever quite because you feel like his running good has given him a psychological edge?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:40 PM

Look at this hand I played, I'm awesome!
Old 09-22-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at this hand I played, I'm awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

No your not.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:48 PM

Yes I am.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:00 PM

im not sure why this thread has so much attention, other than the level. I think this is a pretty standard play from the hero.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-22-2005, 11:28 PM

for one thing, the software is sooooooo fast one can prob play 400 hands an hour heads-up. . . .