Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: I play bad

No, dont fold... I would consider re-raising...
Depending on the read on the bettor.
Andrew
Old 12-09-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many good players call two cold with middle pair/gut shot straight draws?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are putting a lot of stock in your read that he is a good player. While he could be solid overall, I've seen lots of good players that don't adjust well when there's a real LAG in the hand - he might be essentially ignoring V1 bets and so it doesn't feel like cold-calling to him.

Also, V2 could have AQ here. He calls the flop and turn because he figures he's WA/WB your AK/AA,KK,QQ. Then he bets the river with his two pair, maybe hoping you'll raise with AK. I know this scenario isn't very likely, but with the pot as big as it is, it doesn't have to happen very often.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see any other hand that he could possibly have. If he wasn't good, i'd call the river. What other hand could he have? AQ would have put money in on the flop, and theres really nothing else that i'm ahead of.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he was that good, he would've raised the donk's flop bet with his KJ OESD + overcard, to try and get you out of the hand (possibly buying outs) and maybe get a free card if he does so. The AQ scenario laid out by another poster is also possible.

The point is, sometimes in limit poker you just have to pay off, because you can't possibly be that sure that your opponent has you beat. This is one of those times. With the pot odds that you're getting, combined with the very high likelihood that V1 will overcall with a worse hand, you have to be very nearly positive that V2 has KJ exactly in order to fold (assuming we can safely rule out AA or a flopped/turned set). V2 might have tried for a fancy play with KK here, chickened out after all the action you & V1 gave on the flop, and is now panic-betting the river, even--at least 6% of the time you're good, and that's good enough to make the call here.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:00 PM

This river fold is simply terrible. Even if you are 90% sure he has a monster you cannot fold here for 1 bet with top 2. Even if he did have it and this is a "pat myself on the back" thread for a "great" laydown then you are still wrong. Only fold this river if you hate money. Players (even players who look like TAGs) often make desperate river donks with bad hands, especially if an ace falls on the end.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played full ring in a long time, but I thought i'd try it out for a while and take a break from 6 max.

Villian 1 is way too overaggressive. No PT stats on hiim though, since I never play full ring.

Villian 2 is a TAG. Solid.

PP 3/6

Hero has AQo in MP.

Hero open raises, everyone folds, Villian 1 (V1) calls in SB, Villian 2 (V2) calls in BB.

Flop: (suits arn't important)

Q 10 x

V1 bets, V2 calls, Hero raises, V1 raises, V2 calls, Hero Caps, both call.

Turn: x

V1 bets, V2 calls, Hero calls.

River: A

V1 checks, V2 bets, Hero folds, V2 calls.

I thought that V1 could easily been overplaying a KQ, QJ, or something like that. But when V2 bet out, I was pretty sure I was done.

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? I'd be more inclined to raise this dummy then fold. If you think he has a straight, fine, just calling isn't 'that' bad, getting an overcall if you are behind.

raising, then calling, then calling, then calling, never folding is the right play.

I'm even calling this if it goes, check, bet, I call, c/r, call, I'm still calling
Old 12-09-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Villian 2 is in the hand, he could have something like AJ or AT.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many good players call two cold with middle pair/gut shot straight draws?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is party ppl. Even the 'good' player, with good stats, sometimes suck postflop. Seriously, this is a very bad fold.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:33 PM

dude you really cant fold here

was there a flush draw on the flop?

i mean dude could have just picked up an ace if he had something else to stay in, i could see him having QT or AT or something occaisionally here, i really really hate folding this for 1 bet on the river, i would consider raising, but a call might be best