Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2004, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Weak play, or right play

Very very weak.

I can only imagine doing this if this was a satellite and all 30 places paid the same, and you were 98% sure you could fold into the money. THe fact that it worked this time,l or even if you had been up against AA and lost should be irrelevant. You should evaluate your decisions based on what would happen aver hundreds of similar decisions. You (I assume) are still trying to win the tournament. You cna't pass on the 3rd best hand because you're afraid Ax will call you and hit.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Weak play, or right play

what hand are you waiting for? i've gone 5, 6 tournaments in a row without seeing Aces or Kings. ... i could never fold Aces, but I'm not Phil Hellmuth.

I won't say it's awful, because it was your strategy, but UTG you are about to lose 3,000 chips to blinds on the next two hands where you will probably have 9/2o.. then6/3o...maybe you get folded around to in the big blind, then can fold out of the small blind and be where you were at, but you won't get better cards in the next 12 hands to make a big move.