Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 04:47 PM

Default How do you like my play in this monster pot?

I played this hand last night on Stars (0,5/1 6 max), and I got some massive critique for it at the table afterwards. I'm curious about your thoughts here concerning all betting rounds. I'll explain my behavior if we get a discussion going. Ok, here we go: BB is 35/12/3,5 - UTG is 71/0/0,2 - MP is 35/14/2,3 - CO is 84/7/1 - Button is 55/11/1,8 I've played about 100 hands at the table at this point, so I know the players fairly well.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (26.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 38.50 BB
Old 09-08-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: How do you like my play in this monster pot?

Given that I know very little about 6max play, this preflop call seems just absolutely horrible.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:02 PM

Preflop, I would fold.

On the flop, one thing to realize is that your straight will come in without a third club also falling only about 20 percent of the time. No one has to have a flush draw, of course, but the heavy action does also suggest that it might be a problem for you if the board pairs.

I don't really have a big problem with the flop check/3-bet in this multiway pot, but I thought I'd mention that your equity may not be quite as good as it appears, although I do like your draw.

The turn and river look good. I seriously doubt MP has QJ, and, unless UTG is chopping with you, it's nice that he's hanging around.

In my opinion, MP got a little carried away on the big streets.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:02 PM

I don't like the preflop call, and I would rather bet the flop than check-3-bet it.

Turning the nuts is good.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:03 PM

So you pumped a draw and it hit. What's the big deal?

nice hand. somewhat aggressive on the flop, but not too bad.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:04 PM

Iīll give it a stab.

Preflop: Even though you opponents seems loose and plain bad from the numbers i would fold it, facing a raise. But itīs not a large error i would think.

Flop: With the suitedness of the flop and the chance of redraws if you hit the straight i would give you 6 outs. So 6*4 = 25%... You need more than three callers to make a bet whortwhile. Free card and buying outs arenīt an issue here.

So i donīt really understand you play, making bb and utg face a 3-bet? - I think you would like them to play along.

Id rather bet out for value and manipulating the pot size so everyone kept would stay in the pot, contracting max if you hit you straight.

Turn+river: seems good.

/Torben
Old 09-08-2005, 05:05 PM

I would not call that preflop, I doubt you're getting close to the odds to play those unsuited connectors. The rest looks good to me.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:11 PM

Preflop is ok I guess. _I_ wouldn't have called vs a raise.

Flop: Isnt the 3-bet a little excessive?

Turn: Sweet. Did you thank MP for pumping it up like that?

River: The 8 isn't much help. You never know if one of them has J7 sooted.

nh
Old 09-08-2005, 05:37 PM

PF bad
Check/3bet worse
Old 09-08-2005, 05:45 PM

I think you played the Turn correctly.

Preflop: I think this is worth folding here for 1.5 bets, as you are out of position for the rest of the hand and 87o is not that good

Flop: There is no point to 3 bet, you don't want to eliminate anyone with garbage, because you are either going to make the best hand or not, you are going to have to have the best hand in the showdown and it doesn't matter how many people are in.

River: It is fairly likely that when you are raised, you are most likely to be splitting the pot at best, and if you are splitting then you don't want to push out UTG.

I don't know if it worked out for you in this situation or not, but I think you played 3 out of 4 streets suboptimally.