Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2004, 12:50 PM

Default Unbelievable whiner at Harrah\'s EC last night

I was sitting at a $5-10 table last night with Kleinstadt and another $10-20 regular. We're pretty much rolling over the other folks, but laughing and having a great time when we get drawn out on.

So as I'm relating the story of my being at the table of the smallest possible bad beat jackpot (I was still down at the end of the night), we're all laughing and having a good time. Well, this old guy who's been bitching and moaning all night, complains to the dealer, "They're screaming," (we weren't), "can't you tell them to be quiet?"

"Well, no sir. Would you like me to call the floor?"

Him: "Yes."

Dealer: "Floor to table 7!"

Me: (laughing) "You've got to be shitting me."

Floor manager comes over suspecting something since there's no hand in play and says, "This better be good."

Me: "Sadly...."

So the guy relates to the story of everbody 'screaming' at the table. The floor manager, who's been 15 feet from the table for the last hour, gets a dour look on his face and says, "People. We don't allow fun at the table. Knock it off." Everybody ('cept one) starts laughing their asses off. Kleinstadt points out that other $5-10 tables have seats open, why not just change tables? "I don't wanna change tables, I just want you to be quiet. Would you shut up?" He's acting like he's almost ready to fight, which is humorous because he's a septugenarian who would take a hellacious beating from the little old lady in seat 8.

This results in some of the other players talking in unnaturally loud voices for the next ten minutes, and the whiner gets 10 minutes of pigbutt. And I take a mongo-sized pot off him.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Unbelievable whiner at Harrah\'s EC last night

LOL! Good story Troy, loved it!

I have had the floorman come over and tell us to tone it down before... and we were a happy table...

One memory that will stick with me for a while: we had an old fart at our table who CUSSED after every hand he was in, EVEN when he WON!

This guy takes the cake:

He got ACES cracked and said 'F___ the Wheel' and stormed out, $20-$300 wheel spin not taken, this was 2-6 spread at Excalibur, what a jackass! We were so sad to see him go... /s
He's playing low stakes, got his butt kicked and doesn't take the spin, wth is he even there?

Some people want to share their misery in strange ways, I'm curious as to what his real problem is....
I minored in psychology...

-Bri