Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 05:03 AM

Default Minor spewage with KJo

20/40 live game. Table is built around this really, really horrible guy. Basically he limps every hand, the first guy with some semblance of a hand raises, and then everyone else decides if they want to play for 2+ bets.

Horrible guy limps UTG, pretty tight and decent but slightly passive regular limps UTG+1, folded to me a couple off the button and I raise with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Horrible and regular call, everyone else folds. Regular makes some comment about hoping to get lucky - he definitely respects my raises a bit too much. 7.5 SB in the pot.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Horrible checks, regular bets, I raise, horrible folds, regular calls. Just under 6 BB in the pot.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Checked to me, I bet, regular check-raises, I 3-bet. Regular thinks long and hard, comes very close to mucking, and finally calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Checked to me and I bet.

So basically I put in the most action I could on every street. Too much, or should I welcome more? Regular's tight enough and passive enough that I should actually be a little worried about his turn c/r - it's a minimum of trips, he's not screwing around here with something like the bare A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or TP. Not that I think he's in the pot with an offsuit Ace to begin with. If I get 4-bet on the turn, I really want to fold the river unimproved but would probably call anyway, cause I can't read hands worth a damn.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:12 AM

Default Re: Minor spewage with KJo

if he respects you and you would piss yourself if he 4-bet the turn, why on earth did you 3-bet? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 05:13 AM

were you folding to a c/r on the river?

I like your play throughout except perhaps the flop. UTG retard might call another bet with nothing and then you could raise UTG+1's turn lead. I believe this gets the same amount of money in on the flop and UTG might pick up something on the turn that he'll call down with.

yes no?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:16 AM

based on your description of the villain, and how he played this hand I think he has Td9d or Ts9s or something like Ah8h. I wouldve just called down the turn checkraise. I really dont see you winning this hand. He is a tight, passive player, he sees the same board as you do, so when he checkraises the turn he is saying he has a flush or better, so 3 betting with your straight on this flush/paired board is just spewing in my opinion.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:42 PM

After reading your description of the player, I probably just call the turn checkraise, but against almost everyone else I'm definitely putting in a third BB.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:34 PM

I like the way you played it. If he four bets the turn, I'd fold here, but otherwise, you've got a big hand, and, you played it aggressively.

NH

Tex
Old 11-15-2005, 03:46 PM

Would he really think about folding a full house or the nut flush? And would he limp behind the weak player with T-9s knowing it's very likely to get raised behind him?
Old 11-15-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would he really think about folding a full house or the nut flush? And would he limp behind the weak player with T-9s knowing it's very likely to get raised behind him?

[/ QUOTE ]
I didnt say that the tight player was thinking about folding, I just think that if he had the nut flush or T9, and he checkraised the turn, and the hero 3 bet, he would shut down and go into call down mode since he doesnt have the nuts. He was described as a passive player. And I can see a tight player limping in with T9s after a weak player came in. Axs and T9s are the hands that make sense to me given the descripion of the player. He could also have 99s which i failed to mention in my first post. Since the tight player didnt raise preflop it has to be somekind of hand like this. I would reach out and say QTs also but I dont think the villain is that passive postflop.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:04 PM

yes, but hero described villian as "thought about folding to my 3bet". Of course, going by your read, we never should have made the 3bet. It is certainly possible that villian merely has trips (JT?), but you are correct in that most of the hands raised by the villian on this turn have the hero beat.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, but hero described villian as "thought about folding to my 3bet". Of course, going by your read, we never should have made the 3bet. It is certainly possible that villian merely has trips (JT?), but you are correct in that most of the hands raised by the villian on this turn have the hero beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oops, my bad, I didnt see the part where the villain thought about mucking, then everything I wrote on this thread has no value. It must be trip tens, but that doesnt make much sense since I dont see this type of opponent checkraising the turn with just trips, but that must be his hand then. I still dont like the hero's turn 3 bet, but given the hero's read on the villain almost mucking his hand on the turn, I like the hero's river bet.