Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 02:02 PM

Default I\'m new to short-handed

I considered posting this in the microlimits forum, but I decided to go here since I thougth I'd get more valuable response here.

I have played fixed limit for 6 months, starting out at 0.5-1 and currently play 2-4 full ring, consider myself a winning player after 20k hands of 2-4 and 40k hands of lower stakes.

I want to try out shorthanded play, starting with party/skins 6max 1-2 fixed limit.
I wonder if you have any general recommendations for me to start out so as not to get owned totally from the start.

Tips could include: references of vpip, pfr and such that can be useful for evaluating my own stats after a few k hands, and for knowing if I should consider an opponent to be LAG, TAG, etc. Since I've only played full ring before I know these stats will be different.

I have the following books : SSH, TOP, HFAP
I have read SSH and TOP quite well, HFAP not as much.

I also recieved today GSIH and WTOIH (king yao).

So if anyone would recommend me some reading on short-handed games, these are the books currently available to me.

I would really appreciate any help here. I'm going to try out these games either way, with the books' help if nothing else, and a starting hand chart from an online friend who plays 6max.

Thank you in advance for your advice,

eisanm
Old 10-14-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: I\'m new to short-handed

I should have bookmarked them, but there are a few posts containing a bunch of great links for starting 6-max players. Go ask in the micros, I'm sure someone there will have it saved. The only one I really remember is MrWookie47's 6-max Baby Steps post, you could try searching for that.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:31 PM

Im also starting to play 1-2 and 3-6 6Max. There are a bunch of threads in this forum that I have read but of course they easily get lost because of the dinky search.

Ive found this one which actually links to several good 6max threads.
I'm sure there are "Best 6max links" threads but I cant find them. Perhaps other posters could provide there 6max 2plus2 thread links. Like Starting Hands , rasing standards, PT stats ..you know solid ABC poker for 6max tables.

Guido's 6 max questions Link Page
Old 10-14-2005, 02:35 PM

6 Max Baby Steps

Some Recommended Links

A Good Starting Hand Chart

To All New 6 Max Players

Most Informational 6-Max Posts for Newbies

Try some of these out. <EDIT>: The last link doesn't seem to be going for me but a search should find the information.

Lozing
Old 10-15-2005, 09:31 AM

you guys need a sticky.