Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2005, 03:59 AM

Default Re: How\'s my line here?

Here's how I'm thinking on all streets:

Preflop: First in on the button with a playable hand = raise. Its gotta be the only correct way to play it.

Flop: Villain donkbets (considering he plays weak tight thats an indication he has a hand). I've got 3 choices:
-Fold: even though I might be behind, I raised PF and there's 7 SB in the pot. If I'm behind I most likely have 5 outs. If so, I dont have odds to draw, but I cant be sure I'm behind. Folding must be wrong in my opinion.
-Call: calling will give me no information (and will probably encourage BB to bet the turn), and it certainly wont make SB fold. I think calling will be an even bigger mistake than folding.
-Raise: raising has many benefits in this situation. I can make any weak draw fold, including a weak ace. I get a lot of info about villains hand, and there's a slight possibility I'll make both opponents fold. And: I'm taking back command. In my mind raising is the only option here.

Turn: here's where it gets a bit harder. In this specific situation, I had a read that he was weak tight, meaning there was about a 60-70% chance he had me beat (perhaps top pair). Betting the turn would cost me 1 BB, and I think I would have to fold to a C/R. Checking gets me a free card with a chance to improve and bet/raise (if villain comes out betting) the river. I chose to check it, as I expected villain to have top pair. (I might win as much as I would betting the turn with less risk by checking the turn).

River: easy raise. I have two pair K8, expecting to win when called 90% of the time.

After this hand i started thinking about the turn, and wondering if my play was the right one. I guess it all comes down to reads in a situation like this, since people seem to think very differently here. Thanks for your input. Its certainly needed to enable improvement at the tables [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]