Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: What should I expect from my bankroll growth ?

[ QUOTE ]
Pacific has SNGs for $1.50, $1 for prize money, yes <font color="red">$.50 to the house... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG. 50% RAKE. Seriously, that will EAT your bankroll alive! What is top prize...$5? Wow. I think I'd rather place my $1.50 on red and give the wheel a spin. Have you read the SNG forum? There are some of the best SNG players in the world over there, and I doubt they could profit on a 50% rake scheme. Why not ask them? (Many are also brilliant or near-brilliant mathemeticians.)

I really think you are underestimating the effect of rake on results. As a bankroll builder, I think this can only hurt you, but I'm DEFINITELY NOT a mathemetician, brilliant or otherwise.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:17 AM

Absolute has em down to sixty cents, ten rake.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My bankroll is around $10 right now

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hope to see you at the tables - working on the bankroll thing.

PS - can anyone name any bookstores where I can find SSHE ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 25 bucks to spend on a book, but a bankroll of 10? ... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My bankroll is around $10 right now

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hope to see you at the tables - working on the bankroll thing.

PS - can anyone name any bookstores where I can find SSHE ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 25 bucks to spend on a book, but a bankroll of 10? ... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have missed the part where I mentioned that I got a check in the mail and can now afford to buy a book or two, and/or pad my BR a tiny bit (although I figure getting SSHE is more important since I might lose it all without the book, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 09-09-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pacific has SNGs for $1.50, $1 for prize money, yes <font color="red">$.50 to the house... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG. 50% RAKE. Seriously, that will EAT your bankroll alive! What is top prize...$5? Wow. I think I'd rather place my $1.50 on red and give the wheel a spin. Have you read the SNG forum? There are some of the best SNG players in the world over there, and I doubt they could profit on a 50% rake scheme. Why not ask them? (Many are also brilliant or near-brilliant mathemeticians.)

I really think you are underestimating the effect of rake on results. As a bankroll builder, I think this can only hurt you, but I'm DEFINITELY NOT a mathemetician, brilliant or otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

The SNG is 35 people, top prize is $17.50

For their $2.50 SNG (which also has a 50 cent rake, as it is a $3.00 entry fee total) it is 40 people and has a top prize of $50, 2nd is $30, 3rd is $20

I came to the site with nothing and this was an easy decision for me since I took the $10 I won in the freerolls on this site and got my BR up to $113 playing those very same SNGs you are talking about. So, I didn't deposit any $, they gave it to me, and then I won more in SNGs with that same freeroll money.

Yes, I know, the rake is particularly insulting here, but if you look at it from my perspective, perhaps you will see why I did it, and know that I will take your advice and invest in another site when I am able (I will do the bonus whoring, etc, and I have already applied for the instant bankroll and we will see where that takes us!)

Still, you have my thanks for the insight!
Old 09-09-2005, 01:56 AM

play abc top pair good kicker/good draw whore at this level.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
play abc top pair good kicker/good draw whore at this level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am fairly tight, although in late position I will play speculative/gambling hands - they are easy enough to let go if I miss the flop with them.

You are correct - (not like you needed me to tell you that) but those are the hands I have seen that it takes to win with at this level, and it is obvious when I am beaten, and therefore easy to lay down.

So far, since I got home (was at the lake the last two days) I have had my aggressiveness in check (although I just got the short end of the stick - some "person" raised PF on the button with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the round ended up four betting, with 6 of us in the pot ... I had K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and was already in the pot for two bets when it came back to me at 4 bets - considering it was only 20c I figured ok...

Flop came 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the betting was fast and furious to the river, where captain insano revealed his T9 (he made his flush on the river, but had called 4 bets EVERY round to the river with nothing but mid pair and a flush draw - did he have odds ? I don't care - I want to throttle him for raising PF and helping cap the betting every round at 4 bets with that hand lol ...)

The very next hand, he calls my preflop raise - I am holding A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG and raise, he calls 2 bets cold, and on the river I find out he is holding 84o and managed to pair them both on the flop...

So you see what I am up against - these guys aren't loose -they are suicidal...

Yeah, yeah - wait til I catch em - they will pay - BUT THEY LEAVE THE TABLE BEFORE I DO! lol

hmm.. he hasn't left yet - maybe I'll get lucky tonight [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

ok, just got $1 back - maybe this will keep up [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

besides, I am up from $10 to $11.50 at the moment anyway (was at almost $13 before captain insano caught me with his flush draw)
Old 09-09-2005, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop came 9 7 K and the betting was fast and furious to the river, where captain insano revealed his T9 (he made his flush on the river, but had called 4 bets EVERY round to the river with nothing but mid pair and a flush draw - did he have odds ? I don't care - I want to throttle him for raising PF and helping cap the betting every round at 4 bets with that hand lol ...)

[/ QUOTE ]
You have to learn the basics of poker before you start critizing other players,man. You really do...
Old 09-09-2005, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop came 9 7 K and the betting was fast and furious to the river, where captain insano revealed his T9 (he made his flush on the river, but had called 4 bets EVERY round to the river with nothing but mid pair and a flush draw - did he have odds ? I don't care - I want to throttle him for raising PF and helping cap the betting every round at 4 bets with that hand lol ...)

[/ QUOTE ]
You have to learn the basics of poker before you start critizing other players,man. You really do...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your criticism and otherwise completely pointless post.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for your criticism and otherwise completely pointless post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry if I offended you, but all I see in your posts is whining about how poorly other people play, drawing out on you and stuff like that.

You have to get over that, read the recommended books and start playing some solid poker. I've read most of this thread, and I'm a bit surprised that nobody has recommended reading "The psychology of poker" by Schoonmaker (its a 2+2 book). It helped my game greatly, because it turned my focus from cursing bad beats and yelling at poor players to doing what I can to beat the game.

I think everyone can be break-even players once they've read SSHE, and most will also be winners. But to develop, you need to focus on the right things, and IMO "The psychology of poker" is a great tool to achieve that in addition to other 2+2 books.

Hopefully you'll get to where you want to be soon enough.
Donkey Kong [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]