Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: River Action

Yuck, what a horrible river for you,

My guess is maybe MP3 has AQ and Sb maybe has 55 or QJ....mmm both check to you an A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] flush, surely would induce a bet, I cant see either looking for a check- raise mmmmm (I am still thinking about this one)

I would probably err on the side of caution and check, that K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] like you said makes for so many hands to beat you,

Regards David
Old 01-22-2005, 11:29 PM

Ugh. Imagine if you'd raised? Stomach through the floor.

Anyway, check is good here.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:43 PM

I think the preflop cap is borderline given the limp-reraise, but as you said, you are on the button.

On the turn, you've certainly got the odds to chase even if KT is out there. My thinking is that hopefully you would have heard from QQ or even AA more loudly on the flop (admittedly not with many players). I might even make a "crying raise" in hopes of a free showdown (or an extra bet if I fill up - assuming I want to fill up).

What worries me is the small blind. Calling 2 bets cold on a 2-suited board immediately makes me think "flush draw", and when he bets out the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the thought crosses my mind that he had AX of spades and thinks his pair might be good (I'm not saying he should think that but I think he might). Plus given the aggression to this point, he may have been seized with FPS and decided to try and check-raise the river.

Who knows - he may have even been chasing a broadway draw (we know he shouldn't but that doesn't mean he didn't) and is checking the river because of the third spade.

[ QUOTE ]
... now TT, QQ, KK, AA, any loose ten or any two spades have me beat. Bet, or check behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Me, I check here -- I don't see a lot of calls from hands that you beat now. And you won't fold the dreaded AA/QQ if they are out there.

[ QUOTE ]
What's your move if you bet and are check-raised? Does it matter who check-raises you, SB or MP3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the size of the pot, I'd probably call and hate myself for doing it. But I'd be more likely to fold to a check-raise from the SB, for the reasons set out above. Much more so if MP3 cold-calls the check-raise.

A very challenging hand. If they taught poker in university, it's the sort of hand they'd put on the final.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:38 AM

Default Results

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has As Kc (two pair, aces and kings).
MP3 has 3d 3c (one pair, threes).
Hero has Js Jd (three of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 18.25 BB. </font>
Old 01-23-2005, 06:08 AM

Default Re: 2 bets to me on the turn with a set of jacks, and I\'m confused.

MP3's limp-reraise after a limper and before a poster doesn't mean much to me. I think it's an easy cap preflop. I'd put MP3 on an okay Ace, a medium pair, or some stupid connector before I'd worry about AA/KK.

I'd 3-bet the turn. Lots of flush draws and pair+gutshot draws out there, plus all kinds of two pairs can be out. If you get capped, then you can just call the river.

Once it's checked to you on the river, I'd bet every time and expect to get called by at least one person with two pair well over 67% of the time.