Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2005, 09:43 PM

Default 2 hands for critique

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls $0.07 (All-In), MP2 calls.

River: (18.70 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.70 BB

I've never had to fold a flush before, I guess. Heh. Is that an easy fold? Comments/suggestions?

--------

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Does this look okay? I raised to see a cheap river... is this the right time/place for this play?
Old 01-06-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: 2 hands for critique

Hand 1:
Cap that flop! Ever second caller is +EV
Turn: standard
River: No dont fold! The call is fine I think though.

Hand2:

I dont know about raising to see a cheap river? I think you are raising here 1 - to clean up your overcard outs and 2 to get a free look at the turn. Why do you want to see the river cheaply with high card J? Other than your reason for raising, well played.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:05 PM

What do you mean get a free look at the turn?
Old 01-06-2005, 11:22 PM

Hand 1: I've been known to raise 3 limpers and a poster preflop in that position before. I'd cap the flop pretty much every time with 4 opponents in. Even if you fold both BB and UTG+1, you're still happy. Plus, you might want a free card on the turn. River you pretty much have to call.

Hand 2 looks okay.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean get a free look at the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry you get a free look at the river. By raising the flop you will get checked to on the turn and can check behind for a 'free card'