Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2005, 11:28 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.
Default jobs are important ?

i know it sounds like a stupid question, but how do you convince someone that having a job is important ?

this person is 28 years old, in debt 25,000 does not have a college degree (some school but never finished, which is where a lot of the debt came from) and is stuck on the reasoning that having a job and money does not equal happiness and how it's pointless to get a crappy job working for $7 doing something they hate because they'll never get out of debt anyway. ? they think they've ruined the rest of their life because they'll never be able to have the things they wanted in life like a house etc so why bother ?

right now they live with someone that supports them but the person supporting them doesn't like this, and doesn't treat them very well because of it.

i should also mention they have been really unlucky with jobs in the past. and have done the whole temp agency thing and usually get let go too soon when they do find something they can do, or quit because they can't stand the job. so their job history does not look too good. they get turned down a lot for jobs when they do send resumes and i think they've given up.

don't post if you're just going to say mean stuff. i would like some advice on how you'd handle this if it was someone you cared about ?