Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Can\'t Sleep.... (no politics)

Despite working 12 hour days and being tired constantly, I can't sleep. I get home from work in time to sleep easily. I can't. I don't understand. I can't even do it right now. I'm gonna fall on my keyboard, but if I get in the bed I'll just lie there for like two hours before I can go to sleep. It's like destroying my ability to function all day. Has anyone had experience with this?
Old 11-09-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Can\'t Sleep.... (no politics)

ambien or lunesta can fix this.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:48 AM

You will soon go insane and dig your eyes out with a spoon.

Sleep tight.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:50 AM

This must be the first thread moved from the politics forum to the OOT forum. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This must be the first thread moved from the politics forum to the OOT forum. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definitely a first for me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] He should get better responses in here, though.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Despite working 12 hour days and being tired constantly, I can't sleep. I get home from work in time to sleep easily. I can't. I don't understand. I can't even do it right now. I'm gonna fall on my keyboard, but if I get in the bed I'll just lie there for like two hours before I can go to sleep. It's like destroying my ability to function all day. Has anyone had experience with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever try drinking?
Old 11-09-2005, 02:53 AM

I wouldn't worry untill a guy introduces himself as Tyler Durden.

Seriously, drink a beer or two (no more), and just take it very easy an hour before bed (watch TV or talk a slow walk or something not too taxing)
Old 11-09-2005, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definitely a first for me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] He should get better responses in here, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he wanted responses from people still up from a heavy night of Election Night partying. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 02:55 AM

Something that might help: make an effort to not get into your bed until you are dead tired, absolutely 100% exhausted. When you feel like you can't stay awake for any longer. Do this for a few weeks. It should make it easier for you to fall asleep in the future, cause your body will become accustomed to falling asleep as soon as you get into bed. I have actually heard that if you lay in bed for more than 15 minutes without falling asleep, you should get up and go lay on a couch or something.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever try drinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Seriously, You may have a sleep disorder. If you are from the Lehigh Valley I know there is a Doctor in the 1230 bldg. over on Cedar Crest(right next to the Cancer Center) that can address this problem. I'm sorry I can't remember his name off the top of my head.