Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 12:33 AM

Default Another AK hand, check raised on turn, check to me on river...

Was the river bet okay? I really had no clue what to make of it after he check raised me on the turn. Opponent wasn't too good, I thought K6 might be a possibility, along with pretty much any other King so I thought a value bet was in order.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
Old 09-21-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Another AK hand, check raised on turn, check to me on river...

If you bet the river...what are you going to do if he c/r?

That being said, I always bet this river.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:18 AM

I'd bet/fold here. I don't see him c/r the turn and river with a worse hand, but he will call with all sorts of trash.

If he does c/r the river, make a note of it, and don't let him do it to you again
Old 09-21-2005, 02:32 AM

Yeh, he's probably got a pair &amp; a 6 for his c/r. I would bet the river, &amp;I think it's right to fold if he c/r's you again. But if you're rich and/or curious, it might be interesting to call his river c/r &amp; see what he's making thes silly plays with.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:31 AM

3-bet the turn. this could be a draw or a K-weak kicker. if that schmuck is playing K5 (or any other lower kicker), i'll get my money back soon enough that i'll risk the extra BB. plus if he misses on the river, he isn't paying you off.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:01 AM

i'd bet and expect it to get called, raised, and folded to with approximately equal frequency. a read would help you out.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the turn. this could be a draw or a K-weak kicker. if that schmuck is playing K5 (or any other lower kicker), i'll get my money back soon enough that i'll risk the extra BB. plus if he misses on the river, he isn't paying you off.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yikes, are we that sure that we aren't beat here? Turn check-raises usually aren't full of [censored].

I don't mind a call-down (although the river check is puzzling), but I think 3-betting here is spewing.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:21 AM

turn check/raise could mean tons of things BESIDES being beat including 66, and KQ.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
turn check/raise could mean tons of things BESIDES being beat including 66, and KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know it's possible, which is why we wouldn't fold. However, all we have is TPTK.

What do we do if it gets capped?
Old 09-21-2005, 08:28 AM

River bet seems fine. I would've probably 3-bet the turn - but that would've depended on a read of Villian.

Two thoughts on your post though:

- Stop the action before you're decision when you want input on it. On the river the word "Hero" is in red type - which, to the observant shows us that you actually bet. Posters will notice these things which can unconciously influence the way they analyze a hand.

- Don't include the final pot size if you're not showing the entire hand. By looking at the final pot size on this hand we can see that Hero bet the river and Villian called. Thi will also skew the analyses.