Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: First Hand Post...Thoughts?

I'd raise the flop for value and protection.

IMO, after two 3-cold callers this riv is a straightforward check.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:58 PM

I'd check this river. From the turn action, I'm afraid someone has the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and wants to checkraise.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:57 PM

this is why I bet the river. You will be called by anyone with a diamond or even a non diamond straight. Only 3 diamonds beat you, the rest you have beat. If you bet and are checkraised you have to call and lose 2BB extra max . If you check and lose you save 1BB. You only need 2 of the opponents in the pot to call with a weaker hand to make this bet correct. I think all 4 will call in a pot this big and if you lose it is not a big deal because the value of betting this river is higher than saving a bet or 2.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:43 PM

I pretty much agree with this. I think it's a river bet. If someone had the ace of trump, he/she probably would have bet the river for fear of it checking through since it's such a scary board. Probably same is true for K, although less so. Also, someone with the K or Q is unlikely to check/raise. I see people c/c in these situations all the time. If you know that no one has the ace (which seems very likely to me) then you stand to win ~2BB on average when you bet and win (we can expect ~2 callers, probably?) and you probably only lose 1BB when you bet and lose. So you only have to win 35% of the time to make a bet correct. And that is almost certainly the case here.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:11 AM

I ended up checking the river after the fourth diamond hit. Here is my thinking. I couldn't see what the blinds would call three bets cold with that didn't include the Ace or King of diamonds. Then, the Raise/Call from UTG+1 smelled like he just picked up the flush draw. So, I just checked right behind.

However, SB turned over a straight - 4 to 9, the BB turned over two pair ( [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]), and UTG+1 turned over a straight - 4 to 9, and my hand is good.

I still like my check.