Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 07:43 PM

Default AKs...how do I play it?

Full ring .5/1

The Villian is an unknown, he's only played a few hands so far.

Hero is UTG+2 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

PRE -
2 folds, Hero raises, folds to Villian in SB who 3-bets, Hero caps.

FLOP - 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villian bets, Hero raises, Villian 3-bets, Hero calls.

TURN - 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villian bets, Hero calls

River - Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villian bets, Hero calls.

Is this line totally weak/tight? I'm a chicken. I figured we were chopping at best. Am I way off here?
Old 12-12-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: AKs...how do I play it?

Hi Coolidge i am gonna put in at least one more raise somewhere.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:50 PM

i would cap the flop and see if he leads the turn. after your call on the flop, you dont show any aggression the rest of the way. i think by capping the flop, it forces his to make a play on the turn and you can play accordingly. if he checks, depending on the turn card, you can check or bet. but by just calling down, its nearly impossible to tell what he has. if you cap and he still leads the turn, i would strongly consider folding unless you pick something up on the turn.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:51 PM

3-bet the turn for sure.

some might also cap the flop.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:03 PM

hmmm, but if I cap the flop and bet the turn, won't he fold a worse hand here and raise a better one?
Old 12-12-2005, 08:15 PM

I think we need to cap the flop. There are 3 AA's and 3 KKs. He might just be freerolling with AK[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I guess we're supposed to slowdown. Still I cap, then go into call-down if he bets into us on the turn. That river card bites.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:25 PM

ok, I guess I just didn't see a hand I beat that 3-bets the flop after I raised it and capped preflop. I can maybe see this against a high AG guy, but he was an unkown.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:48 PM

and that is exactly what u want to find out. there arent many better hands, given pf action, maybe only aa. or ak spades.

if you capa the flop and he bets the turn, then you can probably fold, saving one BB (compared to what you did) and given he had AA. which is probable in that scenario.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:23 PM

I see the advice to cap the flop to see where you are and see if the opponent leads the turn. I think this is a waste. You've already been 3bet preflop and 3bet on the flop. Thats not a good sign.

I'd save my 0.5BB and just call down (It would have to get real ugly on the board for me to fold this hand). Aggression at this point isn't going to protect your hand and its not gonna scare him.

Even if it does get him to slow down on the turn -- What are you gonna do when he checks. I don't feel good about checking TPTK on the turn if a blank hits. So either way your gonna put money in on the turn.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:33 PM

This seems very aggressive to me. You don't have a big enough edge to be pushing this hand so aggressively.

If you are hoping to get raised again on turn and river then I think your basically "hoping" your bankroll away. Villian aggression shown on turn and river would be a very badddddddd sign for hero.

I'm calling down after I get 3bet on flop