Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Played too hard?

Been at this table for more than 50 hands and haven't had a hand. Twice I had a free play in the BB, flop hit me, I bet, everyone folded. Once I 3 bet the fish on my right with a medium pp, flop came AQx, he bet out and I folded. That was about it.

I'm 3 betting MP (fish on right) because he is open raising with about 1/3 of his holdings.

Button is new to the table though (9th hand) so he hasn't seen me play at all. I had some stats on him that said he was pretty loose. 45/22

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, MP folds.

Turn: (9.70 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (12.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 14.70 BB
Old 12-04-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Played too hard?

with these overcallers and the preflop action, im checking the river, and prob not lead betting, yes you played it to hard...hands like JJ and QQ that are likely calling you and having you beat are the ones capping preflop, or KQ...which isnt raising here unless hes a donk, because of the preflop cap...
This is just MO, cant wait to read others...
cdl
Old 12-05-2005, 12:11 AM

I'd consider checking the turn. You're ahead of 0 of button's capping hands, and if he raises and knocks BB out you're screwing yourself.

River, eh. I'd probably check. Button could have QQ and check it, and you can probably fold in BB calls button's bet.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:15 AM

I think the hand is fine up to the river where I'd check behind. I think it's better to check behind unless you are pretty sure that only a worse hand would call you. Might as well use that position to potentially save you a bet.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:31 AM

I like a river bet especially w/ the button still to act so if he's a beat he's not saving anything and he gets to charge QQ-JJ which seem pretty likely here for button.

edit: so I just remembered that a pair of tens doesn't beat QQ-JJ. I think I check then.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:46 AM

Not sure i like the flop lead. Seems we are going to get isolated by a better hand a huge % of the time.

Id prob check and see the action. 2nd pair hands in raised pots can be very tough to play.