Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 12:56 PM

Default RANT ALERT: This is a rant and you don\'t have to read it

3 times in a ROW with AA... I hit my Ace on the flop. The board pairs on the turn giving me full house and my opponent 3 of a kind. 3 TIMES IN A ROW the river card comes down as the 4 of a kind for my opponent. 2 of them are 4 of a kind with Kings. The other was with 8's. After I get this $100 bonus at Paradise, I'm not gonna play there again. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. I just think the odds of this happening are pretty slim and my luck must be at an all-time low right now.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: RANT ALERT: This is a rant and you don\'t have to read it

I don't think you understand the difference between a rant post and a whine post. A rant post usually has some educational value and whine post does not.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:17 PM

Come on there has to be at least one of these occurrences in your past that you are just baffled by and need someone to "whine"/rant to.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually 2p2 does not have a forum for useless crap that is poker related in any way (in OOT poker is verboten). The proper place is probably riveredagain.com. If you had to post it on 2p2 this forum is just as bad as any other I guess.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 times in a ROW with AA... I hit my Ace on the flop. The board pairs on the turn giving me full house and my opponent 3 of a kind. 3 TIMES IN A ROW the river card comes down as the 4 of a kind for my opponent. 2 of them are 4 of a kind with Kings. The other was with 8's. After I get this $100 bonus at Paradise, I'm not gonna play there again. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. I just think the odds of this happening are pretty slim and my luck must be at an all-time low right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

fold pf
Old 09-17-2005, 01:32 PM

It's just seriously bad luck, paradise is as straight a site as you'll ever find...
Old 09-17-2005, 01:34 PM

Horrendous beats happen to me daily. Just find a sympathetic ear from another 2+2er or poker playing buddy and lament your bad luck on the phone or AIM or whatever. Then you don't clutter the forum and end up getting mocked and feeling worse than if you just let it go.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:22 PM

Hand histories please.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Horrendous beats happen to me daily. Just find a sympathetic ear from another 2+2er or poker playing buddy and lament your bad luck on the phone or AIM or whatever. Then you don't clutter the forum and end up getting mocked and feeling worse than if you just let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 2+2er's I actually talk to outside this forum would mock me too.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you understand the difference between a rant post and a whine post. A rant post usually has some educational value and whine post does not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Surfdoc is correct. What you have is a combination, also known as a "rhine" post. A rhine is a left-over. It is quickly discarded, but if shown to fellow posters will be quickly covered with flies. Please be more careful in the future. There is already enough garbage here.

FWIW, that was some terrible luck. I'd probably feel like quitting the site too - but your logic of "well, the site is terrible, but I will keep playing to get my bonus" makes no sense.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]