Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Worst Push of all time!

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry for bad language. It wasnt directed to you anyway. I edited the post, but there are always some quick readers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apology accepted. Remember through pride lies the path of the dark side. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Worst Push of all time! *DELETED*

Post deleted by Aytumious
Old 06-15-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] mucks there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you F-in' kidding me?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with you again. This is just terrible.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] mucks there.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is terrible?
Old 06-15-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is terrible?

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy saying 78 of spades will fold in this hand at this level.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:37 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
Unlikely that someone's calling a smaller raise with the 7 and if they have the 8 or ace they will call your push, so I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure i would call with Ace [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , so its pretty bad play I think. Bet 30 or less look less suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]
I could/would never make this fold. People are just stupid. I'm not folding the second nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to take a look at the hands youre beating with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. youre beaten by Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 87 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. So that leaves 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], smaller spades and a bluff. Would you push with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] here? I wouldnt. That leaves the answer to why you cant call a big bet with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Old 06-15-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to take a look at the hands youre beating with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. youre beaten by Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 87 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. So that leaves 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], smaller spades and a bluff. Would you push with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] here? I wouldnt. That leaves the answer to why you cant call a big bet with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
Against decent opponents, I 100% agree with you. I'm not disagreeing with your analysis. It is correct. But people at this level are simply crazy. Especially when it comes to pushing into small pots. I'd say about 50% of the time it is the nuts or near nuts and 50% of the time it is crap or near crap. Therefore, I'm not folding something that beast crap 100% of the time and near nuts some of the time. Yes, someone could be pushing the 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] here thinking they are overbetting with the nuts. Or thinking they are bluffing. Or not thinking at all.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Against decent opponents, I 100% agree with you. I'm not disagreeing with your analysis. It is correct. But people at this level are simply crazy. Especially when it comes to pushing into small pots. I'd say about 50% of the time it is the nuts or near nuts and 50% of the time it is crap or near crap. Therefore, I'm not folding something that beast crap 100% of the time and near nuts some of the time. Yes, someone could be pushing the 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] here thinking they are overbetting with the nuts. Or thinking they are bluffing. Or not thinking at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how do you rate my push? Clearly it didn't work but how would you have played it?
Old 06-15-2005, 11:16 PM

think you should have simply doubled his bet... the only way he would have called the all-in is with the ace of spades and even then it would have been a tough call for him with 4 to the SF on board... he probably didnt even have a spade and was trying to buy it
Old 06-15-2005, 11:16 PM

Well, what are the options? Basically raise 80 (a-i) and raise, what?, 20? I think that most hands which will call 20 will also call 80. If you get 1 call at 80, it is worth 4 calls at 20. If we say that the only hands that call a raise are 87[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x then you only need them to call 80 25% as often as they would call 20 for the push to be good. I think 87 probably calls 20 100% and 80 at least 50%. I think A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x calls 20 100% and 80 at least 30%. So I like your push. In addition, pushing always gets some random calls from 2% and a set and whatever. So I think the push is at least 'fine' and more likely 'good'. The key thing to note is that although it is true that is very very unlikely that he will call the push, it is also very very unlikely that he will call a smaller raise. And when he will call a smaller raise, he will often call a push, too.