Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2004, 08:42 AM

Default AJo on BB

How do you like the river call? And I played the hand overall?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (18 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 21 BB
Old 09-26-2004, 08:48 AM

Default Re: AJo on BB

weird hand. PF call fine, i like the flop c/r, cleared out a couple. Bet came from a funny place, mind...not the PF raiser.

Turn is fine, i wouldn't 3-bet here

River odd. SB coming to life on a relative "blank" - 56 for the straight? or just plain mad? I'd call the river for 2 reasons:

1) to see SB's hand and odd betting

2) because if SB is just crazy and betting on Q4 or something, you have a good chance of being ahead of CO with KQ or something (?) and you don't want to fold a potential winner, even if it's only TPGK.

Regards,
Pete Harris
Old 09-26-2004, 08:50 AM

Looks good after the flop but I usually fold AJo from BB in a raised pot. You can be dominated or outdrawn in a big field.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks good after the flop but I usually fold AJo from BB in a raised pot. You can be dominated or outdrawn in a big field.

[/ QUOTE ]

I follow the advice of SSH and it advocates to call with AJo on BB when the pot has been raised. And since the CO and button cold-called (=big pot) I thought that calling was justified.