Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 04:03 AM

Default Re: 50-100 online, power thru ????

I like the line ONLY if BB is super aggressive and also willing to call you all the way down w/ QT, Tx, etc. On the river I think you're at the point of no return in what's a good pot however I think a check/call might work just as well as a bet. If you get raised you're likely sick and then what you fold? I think a check/call here works a little better IMHO.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:53 AM

I absolutely hate, hate, hate the flop 3-bet. There's no purpose to it whatsoever. You say " I must continue with hand, might as well be the aggressor imo," but why? You certainly aren't getting a better hand to fold no matter what you do, so what benefit is there to being the aggressor in this situation? Doing this OUT OF POSITION is particularly bad because you really have no way to control the later streets or take a free card. Plus, if you really think there's some benefit to being the aggressor in this situation, or if you're worried that both are on draws and will take a free card that you don't want to give, just call the flop and bet out on the turn, at least that burns one less SB.

I prefer the call down and hope line myself, with a fold if either player raises either big bet street.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:08 PM

wait a second.... what happened to UTG after the flop? i think the river is a quiet check and see if it really is 3-way on the river with the spades getting there and you still having two opponents (one of whom called two cold on the flop).

hard for me to come up with anything more concrete since i don't understand the action leading up to the river.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:57 PM

UTG folded on the turn...