Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Is There a Fish Here?

20/40 HE @ Borgata, Atlantic City

I've got Mr. Bling Bling two seats on my right. 50 yrs old, with a nice watch, necklace & rings, whining with the woman on my left about how their property taxes (they live in the same city close to AC) have gone up to 4K per year.

Bling Bling likes to steal when he's in the HJ if it's folded to him, so I'm in the SB at that time & the BB when he has the CO. He open raised in the SB and we went to war a 1/2 dozen times when this hand came up:

3 people limp & Bling calls, the button & SB fold & I find 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and raise from the BB.

This is the first time I have gotten out of line in the blinds during the 5 hr session. I am an 18% flop kinda guy, who raises 95% of the time when he opens and hardly ever calls a raise preflop, chosing to either re-raise or fold, unless there are several players and I have something like T9s or better. They have to put me on something good if they have been paying attention, and, they have. They all call.

$210 in the pot and 5 players.

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I ask: "Could I ask for anything more out of a flop that doesn't at least pair my hand?"

I bet and, unfortunately, only 1 of the limpers calls and Mr. Bling raises. I call, as does the limper.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Now, I ask myself, what could Mr. Bling have limped with?" I decide to try and represent AK that I raised preflop with and bet out and the limper fold, Mr. Bling raises, I re-raise and he comes over the top. Foiled again. I've got to put him on KQ here, at the least. I call.

River: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I have made my straight! Now, that's nice, however, I go after a ck/raise and Mr. Bling checks, foiling me again.

Thoughts?