Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Masters Program or more undergrad credits?

I was looking into the California CPA requirements and I just need to get the educational requirements done; all of them. Do you think I'm better off trying to fly thru basic courses at some online school or try to get into a masters program? Im thinking masters because its a ton of classes so I might as well get two things out of it.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Masters Program or more undergrad credits?

[ QUOTE ]
I was looking into the California CPA requirements and I just need to get the educational requirements done; all of them. Do you think I'm better off trying to fly thru basic courses at some online school or try to get into a masters program? Im thinking masters because its a ton of classes so I might as well get two things out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get your MBA not masters. If you get your masters in accounting you will have a harder time getting into a front office jobs. Having your MBA will open other doors for you. When you work as a CPA you get labled and without an MBA and or luck its hard to get into front office and or anylysts postions. Having an MBA makes it that much easier....
Old 10-25-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Masters Program or more undergrad credits?

I was in the same situation and am in a masters program this year. It's really not that much tougher than undergrad and it probably looks better for employers. Not that I really want to be an accountant anyway...but that's a seperate issue.

Also, I thought cali was the only state not to require additional hours...guess not. (UIllinois here)

-Craig