Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Beating cats

She doesn't work.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:01 PM

More of a reason she doesn't need automated vacuums and cat litter boxes!

Swede
Old 11-19-2005, 07:47 PM

swede123, good point.

private joker, I don't really care to take medication for things like this but do take Allegra for seasonal allergies. If it come to that point I will probably consult my doctor to see about a year round perscription. My allergic reaction to cats isn't that bad as long as they and the home containing them is maintained. I just couldn't sleep on a pillow full of cat hair or hold the cat for extended periods of time.

The Goober, thanks for the littermaid review and the other ideas. I'll surely be taking that into consideration.

wdeadwyler, I would never actually have any desire to beat a cat. The only reasons it even entered my mind was because I couldn't think of a different way to go and do know that cats can be quite responsive to conditioning. I would never beat this or any other animal.

Everyone, You're correct. I know little to nothing about having an indoor cat besides what I don't want to happen.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3) The house must be kept clean of cat hair. I agreed to buy a Roomba to help with the cleaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent idea- these things are awesome. Just be sure to clean out the bearings frequently (like every other time you run it).

[ QUOTE ]
4) Cat litter must be kept in order. I agreed to buy a littermaid to help with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would recommend against the littermaid. I was thinking of getting one and read a lot reviews that said it was poorly made, the rake got jammed up a lot, the motor was underpowered, and you have to buy special little plastic bins to hold the [censored]. One reviewer even said that it threw poop like 10 feet in the air!

If you want an automatic catbox, I'd go all the way and the get the Litter Robot. It's a lot more expensive, but I've heard nothing but good things about it (and it uses regular trashbags).

Or you could just get this which works surprisingly well and is like $15 at target.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A cat that does not accept change very well may reject a new litter box concept such as the Litter-Robot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is from the litter robot site, I got a kick out of it. Back to the drawing board for me, then.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rules we set before I agreed to let the cat move in were these:
1) Not allowed in the bedroom or the my office. Ever.
2) The cat must be bathed regularly.
3) The house must be kept clean of cat hair. I agreed to buy a Roomba to help with the cleaning.
4) Cat litter must be kept in order. I agreed to buy a littermaid to help with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't really know anything about cats, do you?
Old 11-19-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he's in for a rude awakening.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

He really doesn't know enough about deals with spouses/SOs when it regards and animal in the house. First week everything will be perfect, next week the litter box will not be cleaned and the cat bath will be put off. It will continue to get worse untill you tell her it is the cat or you. Be sure you have some where to go.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You have obviously never lived with a cat before! LOLOL!! They are smarter than you think. I'll just leave it at that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 09:50 PM

You can keep a cat out of a room, but you have to live with keeping the door closed at all times. And your spouse has to live with respecting your wishes, which people are often too perverse to do.

Think of an atheist marrying a Christian, and their agreeing not to teach the kid anything religious until he's old enough to have some comprehension in making a choice -- let's say 12 years old. I've heard of numerous people doing that.

Guaranteed the Christian is teaching the kid about god and scaring it to death with warnings about hellfire right away, on the sly.

Some promises people are very capable of making but completely incapable of keeping.