Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: AK, top pair, example of bad fold

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the turn. A flop 3-bet accomplishes nothing since the others hanging around have called 2 cold already. Make them call 2 cold again. We still have a very good chance of having the best hand here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we are ahead here more often than not and want to build the pot. I think we've got to 3 bet the flop, unless you think calling and leading the turn gets more into the pot.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I should not have folded, I realize that now. The bb showed K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and UTG+2 showed A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I posted this hand for that reason, I folded a strong hand in a big pot. Does anyone think that I should have folded here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course not - you had the best hand! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (Just pointing out that posting results usually gives you tainted responses.)

If I were to look at this objectively, it sure looks like we're drawing. What the hell is UTG+2 getting so excited about on that turn? It looks like a slow-played set to me, but the villains are unknown. I'd have a hard time calling this as well.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:45 PM

I would have raised the flop and possibly c/r the turn. I think you have to call this down but can't say that I wouldn't have been worried about AA or KK (but I'm guilty of being weak tight sometimes as well).

Walt
Old 11-08-2005, 04:46 PM

To the original poster: be sure you read this 2+2 thread if you haven't already:

http://tinyurl.com/8hl2p

In that thread, I said fold to a raise and reraise on the river in a huge pot (again, I'm a beginner, and LOTS of people disagree with me there).

The reason I said "fold" in that other thread is that the poster had unconcealed trips (KT with two K's on the board).

It's hard for me to believe that BOTH of the raisers there were oblivious to the possibility of somebody holding a single king.

In this case, I would have found it much easier to believe that neither of the raisers could beat your hand. So yes, although it's not easy to grit your teeth and usually lose, I think this was a bad fold.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:59 PM

Just curious but what did you think either villian had? You can just about rule out KK since you have a K and one is on the board. I think capping preflop with 66 might be a little on the loose/crazy side? 99 maybe but still a bit of overbetting. But I don't play at this high of limits, so not sure how it plays there. But I just can't put either of them on trips here and if I did I still have 2 outs, and currently have 15:1 odds to call this bet, but since I don't put the villians on trips I think at best one MIGHT have 2 pair, I have 5 outs, 3 Aces and the 2 kings, which I think gives the odds to call this bet. Could be a leak in my game that is still developing but I can't see folding this. It might be from reading Ed Miller's post on why people are not crushing the low limit games though.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:00 PM

It does extract at least 1 more bet from them. I will only consider fold if the flop is capped and I get raised again when I lead the turn.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious but what did you think either villian had? You can just about rule out KK since you have a K and one is on the board. I think capping preflop with 66 might be a little on the loose/crazy side? 99 maybe but still a bit of overbetting. But I don't play at this high of limits, so not sure how it plays there. But I just can't put either of them on trips here and if I did I still have 2 outs, and currently have 15:1 odds to call this bet, but since I don't put the villians on trips I think at best one MIGHT have 2 pair, I have 5 outs, 3 Aces and the 2 kings, which I think gives the odds to call this bet. Could be a leak in my game that is still developing but I can't see folding this. It might be from reading Ed Miller's post on why people are not crushing the low limit games though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I posted this, because I read Ed Miller's post right after this hand happened. I was trying to show a really good example of what he was saying. I never should have folded.

I also played the hand wrong, I should have 3-bet the flop, and happily called a cap, and I should have led out on the turn. I don't see how I could have gotten away from this hand w/ the pot size.

To answer your question. I thought that the bb may have had AA, possbily KK (but not probable). When the other two ppl in the hand cold called 2 bets on the flop I honestly believed that one of them had 99, giving them a set of 9s. From my experience playing Limit Hold 'em online, this is pretty standard play when there is a lot of action on the flop. Because I believed someone had a set I played my hand weakly and more or less got myself shut out of the pot on the turn. I should have been more agressive on the flop and on the turn, so I could at least get to a showdown.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:00 PM

Yeah, I have to agree with you, you fubared that hand.