Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Chased, caught, cool?

Relatively new to Stud. I enjoy the game and I find the edges more pronounced than in Hold 'Em. Found myself at a higher limit than I usually played but wanted the challenge and the tables I wanted to play were empty.

This is a hand that I chased. I did catch, but I still don't know if it was the right thing to do and I want to not get into bad habits.

PokerStars Game #3340327234: 7 Card Stud Limit $3/$6 - 2005/12/15 - 12:33:42 ET

Seat 1: $93.75 in chips
Seat 2: $56.25 in chips
Seat 3: $27 in chips
Seat 4: Hero $65.25 in chips
Seat 5: $122.50 in chips
Seat 6: $78 in chips
Seat 7: $93.75 in chips

All seats post $0.25 ante

*** 3rd STREET *** (Pot = $1.75)

Dealt to Seat 1 K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Dealt to Seat 2 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Dealt to Seat 3 Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Dealt to Hero 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Dealt to Seat 5 A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Dealt to Seat 6 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Dealt to Seat 7 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

<font color="red">Seat 7 brings-in low $1</font>, <font color="red">Seat 1 raises to $3</font>, two folds, Hero calls $3, Seat 5 folds, Seat 6 calls $3, Seat 7 folds

*** 4th STREET *** (Pot = $11.75)

Dealt to Seat 1 K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Dealt to Hero 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Dealt to Seat 6 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Seat 6 checks, <font color="red">Seat 1 bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3, Seat 6 calls $3

*** 5th STREET *** (Pot = $20.75)

Dealt to Seat 1 K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Dealt to Hero 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Dealt to Seat 6 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks. Seat 6 checks, <font color="red">Seat 1 bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6, Seat 6 calls $6

*** 6th STREET *** (Pot = $38.75)

Dealt to Seat 1 K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6c J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Dealt to Hero 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Dealt to Seat 6 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Seat 6 checks, <font color="red">Seat 1 bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6, Seat 6 calls $6

*** RIVER *** (Pot = $56.75)

Dealt to Hero 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6h

Hero checks, Seat 6 checks, <font color="red">Seat 1 bets $6</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises $6 to $12</font>, Seat 6 folds, Seat 1 calls $6

*** SHOW DOWN *** (Pot = $80.75)

Hero shows 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] a flush, Ace high
Seat 1 shows Qd Kc K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] a straight, Nine to King

Hero collected $77.75 from pot

*** SUMMARY ***

Total pot $80.75 | Rake $3

The reasons that I chased:

1) Only one heart came out aside from mine.
2) With another player calling to the river, I was only putting in 1/3 of the pot.
3) The exposed cards of the two villains made full houses or two pair drawing to a boat unlikely.

The reason that I shouldn't have chased:

1) Didn't have any out other than the flush draw.
2) (Insert your response here)