Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Should I bluff? (Ignore my location, please)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not a good hand reader.....

....These guys play their own hands too much, and aren't paying enough attention to yours. Gonna be too tricky to move him off a hand here

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point. I missed that in the OP. Even more difficult to bluff him here because of that, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
When I think of guys who are not good hand readers, I generally think that they won't think "wow, he made a continuation bet into 3 guys, and the BB is pretty loose so he has to expect a call from him, so he will rarely have ace high here." However, they will still think "Hmm..he probably has a good hand" if I, for instance, push the turn here. There is a spectrum here. I just meant that he wasn't on the high end of the spectrum. He wasn't like a 'I have an ace, I must call to the river!' type...
Old 11-17-2005, 04:11 PM

I'm going against the grain and saying make a close to PSR. I think he check/called to try and take it down on the turn. It's one of my own favorite plays as villain against an opponent that I feel continue bets often, but will fold to resistance. It works as an easy way to win a pot most times when I'm doing this in the right situation. His range here is any piece of the board, and mid PP, set C/r's turn I think.

EDIT: bad hand reader could just as easily mean villain may think "damn he's get 2 pair, hit a straight, or has aces"
Old 11-17-2005, 04:13 PM

If I was Villain, I would never play a set like this. I would raise the flop to start building a pot right away. Hands I would take his line are 88-TT. And if you raise me on the turn I will fold without a good read. I'm sure better players would tear me up for this but I don't play high enough for this to happen yet.

I don't think this is a bad spot to bluff if you think he is able fold a small overpair. However I wouldn't pull this move without a solid tableimage.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:16 PM

What are you representing with this funky line anyways?

The straight? WHy should this guys who doesn't read hands well think you just hit the straight?
Old 11-17-2005, 04:17 PM

No. Obviously a big pair.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you representing with this funky line anyways?

The straight? WHy should this guys who doesn't read hands well think you just hit the straight?

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of feel that with someone without hand reading abilities you don't have to "represent" anything since villain is likely to take the turn reraise to mean "my measly pair is no good"
Old 11-17-2005, 05:14 PM

I make his hand range pairs 77-JJ with more probability to 99-JJ. A suited connector like 78 or 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] would see the turn.

Since this guy be no dummy I think he smelled blood in the water with your weak CB and has decided to check you out. An excellent spot to fire back with a $150 raise to $225. Tell him he picked on the wrong guy.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:18 PM

i hate CB in this spot, especially for 1/2 pot, you are going to get called by a lot, and a lot of the time and you have basically only 6 outs to improve

also when he leads into you on the turn, he probably has 77-JJ, and i doubt he will fold an overpair to a raise

he definitely doesnt put you on a 4

but really this is a marginal situation that is easily avoided by not CB-ing this flop with button still to act against 3 other players
Old 11-17-2005, 05:20 PM

If he really is weak postflop, then I assume this is a bad spot to bluff. A turn raise from a OOP player usually means bad news. If you c/r, will he actually lay down a hand?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:08 PM

*Only goes to showdown around 20% or so. So somewhat weak postflop.*

What is a strong postflop showdown %?

Wish I had something to say about whether you should bluff the turn but I'm really unsure.