Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Choudary: Britain to Blame for Bombings

One of Britain's loyal citizens speaks:

Choudary: Britain to Blame for Bombings

From the article:

I think ultimately, the British foreign policy — the occupation of Iraq and the support of the state of Israel — and the draconian laws which they have introduced over the years in this country — have a lot to do with why 7-7 took place. And I think one has to wake up and look at the reality," Choudary said in the telephone interview.

He said the new proposed legislation was a reflection of the government's "crusader views, their anti-Islam and anti-Muslim views."

"When Muslims talk about jihad, suddenly they're cast as terrorists and they're threatened with deportation. I think this is double standards, that's blatant racism, isn't it?" he said.

Doesn't this essentially encapsulate the far leftist viewpoint in the U.S. ?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Choudary: Britain to Blame for Bombings

[ QUOTE ]
I think ultimately, the British foreign policy — the occupation of Iraq and the support of the state of Israel — and the draconian laws which they have introduced over the years in this country — have a lot to do with why 7-7 took place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting the speaker aside for the movment, the statement above is not exactly radical. I don't know if this is the "far leftist" viewpoint or not, but the idea that western foreign policy is a contributing cause of Islamic terrorism is hardly a stretch.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"When Muslims talk about jihad, suddenly they're cast as terrorists and they're threatened with deportation. I think this is double standards, that's blatant racism, isn't it?" he said.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so.

When Branch Davidians talked about jihad, suddenly they're cast as terrorists and they're threatened by Janet Reno. Is this a double standard, blatant racism?
Old 07-21-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think ultimately, the British foreign policy — the occupation of Iraq and the support of the state of Israel — and the draconian laws which they have introduced over the years in this country — have a lot to do with why 7-7 took place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting the speaker aside for the movment, the statement above is not exactly radical. I don't know if this is the "far leftist" viewpoint or not, but the idea that western foreign policy is a contributing cause of Islamic terrorism is hardly a stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]
SAM This is exactly the FAR lefts position.
Essentially the terrorist arent to blame its our fault is the left position.
In order to placate the bombers we must abandon Israel and leave Iraq. 9/11 happened long before we went to Iraq and the world has abandoned the Jews once.
If we did both those things would it end radical Muslim bombings all over the world??
Old 07-21-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Wow! Muslim Immigrants make Such Loyal Citizens

Too bad they are not back in OWN countries where their dictators murder their own people by the thousands and suppress freedoms. If Britain is so bad then no one is stopping them from leaving...
Old 07-21-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Wow! Muslim Immigrants make Such Loyal Citizens

They'll probably be made to leave soon anyway. All these bombs are doing wonders for BNP recruiment.

PS. Who the hell is this guy, some kind of Guardian journalist or something equally ridiculous?
Old 07-21-2005, 06:03 PM

Somewhat.

Of course, US foreign policy has contributed to the rise of Islamic terrorism in the past decade or so, but support of Israel is some odd pet peeve some people have... o0.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have a lot to do with why 7-7 took place.

[/ QUOTE ]

That dosnt seem to be blaming Britain but saying our foriegn policy has contributed to why these bombings took place. An opinion that a recent poll shows that 2/3 of Britains agree with.

Not radical in the slightest. Indeed I would say disputing the above is a much more radical or extremist position as it seems so contrary to common sence.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Nope

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
SAM This is exactly the FAR lefts position.
Essentially the terrorist arent to blame its our fault is the left position.
In order to placate the bombers we must abandon Israel and leave Iraq. 9/11 happened long before we went to Iraq and the world has abandoned the Jews once.
If we did both those things would it end radical Muslim bombings all over the world??

[/ QUOTE ]

It is wrong to try to prop up friendly non-democratic governments in Saudi Arabia and invade nations based on false grounds Iraq. It is wrong to ignore human rights abuses in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. You do the right thing because it is the right thing to do, not to try placate anyone. The concept of doing something just for the sake of doing the right thing is utterly lost on the "morally superior" right wing in this country it is astounding.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Wow! Muslim Immigrants make Such Loyal Citizens

[ QUOTE ]
They'll probably be made to leave soon anyway. All these bombs are doing wonders for BNP recruiment.

PS. Who the hell is this guy, some kind of Guardian journalist or something equally ridiculous?

[/ QUOTE ]

The BNP are the cock-rot of the soul, all of them and their members should be reduced into a fine pate and fed to pigs. Anyone who doesn't like this can [censored] off.

Good day Mack