Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Quads on the turn...

Only 10 hands with mp2... so really, no reads

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

on the turn, i'm afraid that by capping, i might lose him for any type of river action... should i be blindly aggressive here?
Old 06-12-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Quads on the turn...

I cap this turn. I highly doubt he's folding.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:03 PM

Capping the turn, you should.

-Jaran
Old 06-12-2005, 02:07 PM

i'm not worried about him folding... i think he's along for the ride to the end. I just want to try to find a way to extract the most out of him by trying to have him make a play for the pot on the river [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2005, 02:17 PM

You have quads, and person who seemingly is willing to engage you in a pissing match. This is good you know. This is not even close: put the mouse cursor over the bet/raise option and never stop left clicking. It's not rocket science.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:25 PM

no need to talk down to me
Old 06-12-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, for Pete's sake, you've been here for 842 posts. You should know by now, putting up a quads hand and asking, "did I get the most out of this I could?" or, "how could I have gotten more out of this?" with one finger up your nose and a "Duuuuuuuuuuh" soundtrack running in the background is going to earn you a raft of poop. Don't get your panties in a bunch when you get exactly what you knew you had coming to you.

Oh, and any reason for not betting out the flop?
Old 06-12-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, for Pete's sake, you've been here for 842 posts. You should know by now, putting up a quads hand and asking, "did I get the most out of this I could?" or, "how could I have gotten more out of this?" with one finger up your nose and a "Duuuuuuuuuuh" soundtrack running in the background is going to earn you a raft of poop. Don't get your panties in a bunch when you get exactly what you knew you had coming to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok cock... just because I have that many posts doesn't mean [censored]... if you equate post count to playing abilitly, clearly you're an idiot.

i didn't bet out the flop because i'm slowplaying these a bit... any other stupid questions or retard remarks?

btw... go [censored] yourself and your high [censored] horse

edit: the whole reason for posting this is because I DON'T know all the angles in this game and I hope to get feedback on the hands that I do post. If someone wants to be a dick about any hands I post because I'm looking to better my game and extract every last possible penny, then they can kiss my ass.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I try to tell the truth. I never offer ad hominem attacks or personal insults. I try to keep discourse at a high level.

I also don't beleive in coddling. If you think I was talking down to you, then I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. But I like the tough love approach at 2p2 in general, and try to apply that as best I can. And yes, I can take too (and have many many times, and feel it has made me a better player).

To your credit, you posted a hand you thought you screwed up on. That is what you are supposed to do. But if you think you are a special little snowflake that needs a hug, you are in the wrong place.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok cock... just because I have that many posts doesn't mean [censored]... if you equate post count to playing abilitly, clearly you're an idiot.

i didn't bet out the flop because i'm slowplaying these a bit... any other stupid questions or retard remarks?

btw... go [censored] yourself and your high [censored] horse

edit: the whole reason for posting this is because I DON'T know all the angles in this game and I hope to get feedback on the hands that I do post. If someone wants to be a dick about any hands I post because I'm looking to better my game and extract every last possible penny, then they can kiss my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Any court-imposed anger-management classes in your future?

My point is, you've been around a long time, long enough to know that when you post these hands the response you're going to get is, "What difference does it make? You get quads infrequently enough (especially with 3 of them on the board) that you could ram your cards up your arse every time it happens and it wouldn't make a sausage's worth of difference to your winrate." So, when somebody actually says that, or something like that, to you, getting yourself red in the face and cursing is kind of silly, don't you think?

Oh, yeah...slow playing trips equals missing bets, so if you're really worried about extracting every last penny from this incredibly rare hand you shouldn't do it. [censored]-head.